Another Aspie who can't shake the need to kill himself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ldub20, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

If you remember the user Snake321, you'd know that he had Asperger's Syndrome and thought only death could solve his problems. He felt that he wasn't dealing with a temporary problem and would have rather died than be alone the rest of his life. I ain't Snake321 but I feel the same way.

I hate that I can't find a sense of belonging. I hate that there is the possibility of never having a significant other because of my disease. I hate the fact that this is something that'll never change. None of the things I enjoy to do will matter in the end or help me with anything. They won't help me find a sense of belonging or a girlfriend. I keep thinking that if a sense of belonging ain't for me, why should living be? The suicide thoughts that I feel aren't as dangerous as they've been in recent years, but if I could find a way to end it it'd be my pleasure.
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I deal with the same thing, my disease effecting my ability to have any one special in my life, but I have tried to find new meaning in my life other than that. It is hard and some days seem unbearable but I keep at it and my life does have meaning, maybe not the meaning I wanted it to have but meaning never the less.
    I hope you stay and talk to us some sound lonely and this place is full of caring people that would like to be your friend and help fill that hole you have inside.
    Take care of yourself and know that life has plenty to offer in other areas and that true love is still possible even though it seems remote at this time.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Having Asperger's doesn't mean you'll never find someone. I know maybe it feels that way now, because loneliness is a horrible feeling. But there's still hope for you to find real happiness.
  4. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. I won't accept limitations and won't dismiss the possibility of a sense of belonging. Having said that, I envy people who are starving in third-world countries. Asperger's feels like a terminal illness--only one where you don't know when you'll die.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.