Another bad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalmers

My anxiety level is through the roof. I went for bike ride and walk and didn't help. Not interested in tv or reading. Having a hard time focussing even on this. Went to diabetes website because now I'm afraid I have that too. But for my son and the grief I'd cause him, I don't know what I'd do. Trying to remember my earlier positive postings from last week. I'm so lost and anxious.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
So sorry it is so hard today...are there any other activities you can do so you can feel a little more in control? Also, glad you posted so that you know you are not alone and many of us have these anxiety attacks...hope you have a better evening and please continue to let us know how things are going...PM me if I can help...J

I really do hope you feel better. It's tough trying to deal with an attack, but I hope for the best.

I guess just try and relax, perhasps some calming music may help you?

Chalmers

I just started on lexapro. I know it takes a while. I don't expect it to take care of everything. My depression score is actually better than Monday, it's the anxiety part that's got me.

Chalmers

That's why I come here. To make it through one minute at a time. Depression I'm used to, the anxiety is new. It's like being nauseous, it just doesn't go away.

TooShyToScream

That's why I come here. To make it through one minute at a time. Depression I'm used to, the anxiety is new. It's like being nauseous, it just doesn't go away.
If you have constant anxiety that doesn't go away, you may be able to benefit from Xanex. It's for generalized anxiety disorder. Take it twice a day, it lasts for 8-12 hours and you're anxiety-free. Only problem is that it may make you not care a bit too much to where you do things you normally wouldn't do because you're not worried about consequences. When my fiance took it, he said he went to the store and stashed a bunch of candy in his hoodie and walked out with it. When he woke up, it was everywhere and he didn't remember where it came from. But it has different effects on people...and I don't think he took the recommended dose, so just take only what you're supposed to and you should be fine.

Chalmers

I asked about Xanax. My doc gave me lexapro. It just takes some time to build up. I'm on day three. Wasn't interested in lunch. Forced myself to eat. I'm down ten pounds in a month with little to no exercise. Ate only three quarters of my burger at dinner and none of the fries. My wife brought home chicken later. Actually smelled good. Ate two pieces. A definite improvement. I needed to lose the weight, but there have to be easier ways. I've gotten so scary that when I told my wife I was trying to cut myself some slack yesterday, she thought I meant I was trying to literally cut myself. I'm too scared of pain for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00