Another bout of illness

Movieaddict

I spend a recent night into morning, total about 6-7 hours, vomiting and really bad GI issues. I slept in my bathroom for fear I’d mess up my bed. Scary as I’m by myself. And like my Covid experience, I thought..what if I die alone tonight. After 2 appts. It is being decided it might be food poisoning. If it does not fully clear by next Tuesday, blood work etc. I’ve had a very hard time with self care and healthy living. During this remote time. And its mentally draining me.

It's hard enough being mentally ill. It's hard enough being alone and mentally ill. It's hard enough to be mentally ill, alone, and in the middle of a pandemic. And it is ridiculous to be mentally ill, alone, in the middle of a pandemic and sick.

I'm really sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you get better soon. Try small sips, spaced out over time. Water is good, but some broth for some sodium and chloride would be helpful too. Please update us with how you're doing *grouphug2

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Sending you healing thoughts as having had food poisoning it is no fun...and like you I created a bed in the bathroom. Hope that you are feeling a bit better....I found that flat ginger ale, crushed ice chips and saltines helped a bit...maybe get instacart or store to deliver to you as I too had it while living alone so even going to the store wasn't really an option...hope you start to feel better soon

Riley Z.

𝖇𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊
I hope you're able to get better soon. It seems like our situation is very similar; I got tested positive for covid and then, this morning, I woke up with food poisoning. I'm sending all the best wishes so that you can feel better soon. Take care!

Movieaddict

Morning [weakly] I’m still doing 3-4 hours awake at night as my stomach plays around with me. Should i go to the bathroom, no. Up and tired. Which is likely playing into my extremem depression. Spent last night in bed just crying. Also, likely.. because I’m HANGRY! Apple sauce, crackers and couscous can go only so far. Taste back *shake, although not that great. Smell back *thumbsup. Going to try to stay slightly active, inside, today.

I am forever OFF all dairy! Including cheese. Time to rework my diet.

Movieaddict

@Movieaddict glad that you are feeling a bit better...sending you positive thoughts and to @Riley Z.
Thanks! I took my last antibiotic on Sunday and after 9 days of eating apple sauce, crackers, water/ginger ale and couscous, my digestion has calmed down. I’m introducing baked chicken. Otherwise nothing too new. I’m kinda afraid to eat anything that makes my stomach turn. I know its in my head but I just can’t.

Movieaddict

Glad that you are on the mend....and yes I can fully understand introducing slowly new foods...take care....
because my body enjoys torturing me. I’m back to GI issues. 4 days after finishing my antibiotics. Honestly don’t know what’s wrong. But having to rush home to use the bathroom is just not cool. Then went out again to have hypoglycemic attack. That’s a fun little show I like to provide of: wonky steps, excessive sweating, and borderline seizing. I’m back at my place in bed... beat! Luckily on vacation today.

Covid from April, I believe has messed me up. Just my opinion. My system can’t get right.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Sending you *hug as so sorry that your GI tract is such a mess...know all about the rush to the bathroom alas. So glad you have the day off to just rest...maybe call your gp to see if there's anything he/she can advise? Take care and sending you healing thoughts. .

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00