Another CATCH 22, and counting...

Discussion in 'I Need Some Practical Advice' started by Alwayswrong, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Alwayswrong

Alwayswrong Well-Known Member

Does anybody know how to get out of catch 22 situations??? I've got a good collection of them...
  2. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 May the odds be ever in your favour Forum Pro SF Supporter

Without details I can’t possibly say. Want to share?
  3. Alwayswrong

It's such a mess I don't know where to start...
    To make a long sory short, I own an apt but can't afford it any more. Got to move. It took me all Kübler-Rosses' five stages (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance) to take action... too late. An acquaintance recommended me a real estate broker to assess its value. To my surprise, it's a good value, but she insists that the apt should be EMPTY and clean to be placed on the market. Of course, nobody knows how long it can take to find a purchaser for this country's economy is a real rollercoaster. I've got many items here, and 4 rescued old pets. You can't rent a place with pets, no guarantor and a retired's income. I must live here with my pets, my packed stuff, and all the furniture. I've got no spare money for a storage service. I don't get it: I' looking for a place to move and all the photos show houses as full as mine. The purchaser is buying my house -not the mess inside! When the time comes and I move, I'll leave it clean! What's the big deal? What do they want me to do? Rent a giant garbage container and cast everything away, including my pets???
  4. walkerbait95

walkerbait95 SF Social Media Forum Pro SF Supporter

That's a good one all right. Typically people manage the move to coincide with each place being open. If this realtor doesn't want to market it with all your stuff inside then maybe you can find one who will.
    Alwayswrong likes this.
  5. Alwayswrong

Thank you soooo much, walkerbait95!!!
  6. Alwayswrong

Screenshot_2018-02-21-20-39-06-1.png Screenshot_2018-02-21-21-27-25-1.png
    I went to the bank today to cash the money that the national state owes me from my retirement. A mistake made by them has put me in this debt situation. But they made another mistake trying to correct the old one... but now the situation is much worse.
    I called everywhere for them to correct it before it's too late (their former mistake is causing me my house).
    I realize I don't want to communicate with anybody when I feel like quitting.
    I called a neighbour who is in contact with animal protectionists, told her a lie (that I had this problem and will not be able to take care of my animals any more and needed loving families for them). She said that she would speak to some protectionists who might accept them if she promised to pay for their food. That's absolutely out of the question. Then I call my heiress and told her she would have to come here to look after them as promised if I passed away, and warned her she would be called anyway after this happens. And hanged.
    I see nobody loves animals if they 're not puppies or belong to a special trendy bread here in this country. But I knew she would have to keep her promise.
    One of my students understood something was not right when I called off a class and is trying to help me.
    But I see when I'm the way I was today that nothing matters and there's a certain point of no return. I could see I was going to defy my friend to keep her promise by setting for her a fait accompli.

(By the way: the statue in the first comic is the statue of liberty.)