Another dang tumor very scared!!!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by White Dove, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

Have been having a lot of pain lately and partly a reason why i have not been here for quite a while and the other reason is when i have been able to be on i have several surveys to do and occasionly log in to a local web-site for news. but here for the past 2 weeks i have been having really hard sharp pain in my right ear. i had called my regular doctor and had made an appointment with the nurse at the front office but could not get in to see him until this friday evening on April 17. Last time i was at my docs i had an ear infection in my left ear and he had given me a drop to put in my ear and did tell me that day that if it got worse or i was hurting really badly to go to the ER. Well that happened to me yesterday. I woke up by sharp pain in my right ear. Now to kind of explain how it felt. it is like something popping in my ear or like when something burst, and when it does this it shoots sharp pain all up to my right eye and down to my right cheek. my whole right side of my face and ear is very sore and in pain, so much that not only the other pain i have but now this type of pain and the iching, i just hate it. one of the downsides to cancer is the dang itching. i hate it. i hate it.. it hurts when i chew or swallow.

well i went to the ER and a Dr Gentry looked at me and told me that my right ear was very infected but that it did not look like a normal infection was a tumor or blood clot and that i need to see my regular doctor to find out what exactly it is. He did not take any x-rays cause i dont have insurance yet he can see this mass in my ear. if it burst i have to call an ambulance ASAP. he told me that he was going to go ahead and treat me as an regular ear infection and gave me an antibiodict drop and some other prescription. Made it clear to me to follow up with my doc and that he needs to send me to a ear cancer specalist. heck, i dont even know how much the prescription will even cost and i do not have any insurance which is a major obsticule to me getting the meds i need.. so i am right now in pain and have to suffer with this until i see my doc on friday..

if any of you pray? please pray for me that this pain will ease up or at least where i will be able to make it to friday.?. see i get all my meds from the heath department and i have to wait until friday cause that is the only time they can see me..

Fearing that this may be much more cancer in my body is a pain to even think about and go through.. heck half the people around me never believed i have the other cancer and they not going to believe this nither and i need support. its like i am the only one who knows the truth about my health cause others refuse to accept the fact. maybe they dont want it to be the truth and dont want me in pain but not wanting me to suffer is not helping matters. i am already going through a lot of pain and really need friends and loved ones right now.. i admit i have not been the best of friends or family but right now i need prayers, so if you pray please ask God to ease up on my pain if it be to his will, and no need to reply here if you prefer not to.. God will still here your prayers for me..

take care and i love you all!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

All I can say is that I truly hope that you do not suffer and that you get the best medical care you can. All I know is the fear I faced froma tiny cancerous cyst on my arm. Turned out it was benign but it scard the shit out of me. Know that you can send me a pm any time, I return them all. You'll always have a friend here, regardless of what's happened in the past.
  3. White Dove

thank you shades..

Love ya! oh and i love your avatar.. pink panther right?
  4. d-pressed

d-pressed Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you've obviously been going through a lot and you're still suffering. That must be really hard to not be able to afford the scans you need to determine what's going on quickly. I'm not in the USA, but would you by any chance have access to a charity hospital to get a scan/some pain relief?

I wish I could be more helpful. Take care and I will be praying for you.
  5. White Dove

not that i know of, most of them are for children..

i get my medical care at the health department, most the time thought most doctors there seem to not care much about their patients much.

i live in Tennessee in USA and i had the state tenn-care once but the govener said the state did not have enough money and cut me off like a lot of other people.. i personally know several people who had heart disease and diabeatise and got cut off and later died.. Tennessee is not a place to live if you want the state health care .. i had a good doctor, well several of them when i was on the state heath care. but i had to go to the state docs now.. sometimes they are good ones but most the time they are just out to save the state money you know how that is..

thats why i went to the health department, i have asthma and have a bad arrithmia on my heart that i take a beta blocker, and a heart pill, asthma inhailers, etc and nitro quick at times, i get all my meds at the health department except the nitro quick they give me a prescription for that but it cost small like 10 dollars for it..

i think the reason he did not take any x-rays was because i dont have insurance or money, i am pretty sure thats the reason why.. but hopefully they can find something out friday at the health department.. Dr Gentry hes the ER doc i seen.. he said the same thing about my dad but they did a biopsy on dad and dad was told to come back later and take another biopsy..

this may just be something else.. i have been doing searches online and putting in ear pain and soreness. i get anything from ear cancer to brain tumors leaking into ears to gosh a lot of other things..

the popping or like bursting i hear in my right ear every dang morning, it wakes me up a lot.. of course i dont get much sleep anyhow but this is really bothering me. i just got to hang in there and assume its Gods will
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I hope it turns out to be something other than cancer. Ear pain is awful; I used to get three or four ear infections a year when I was younger, and so I can remember how intense the pain is.
  7. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

....hon, i'm so sorry about all you are going through.

please keep us posted on what you find out....

i hope you can lean on us and try to get through all of this...i wish i could help you hon. but i am here to listen. :console:
  8. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I'll pray for you.

I cannot believe you have to pay for medical care over there, even if you have cancer. It makes me sick.
  9. White Dove

yeah i know.. its weird though cause i always thought that kids were the only ones who get ear infections.. i mean i have heard of swimmers ear in adults but not ear infections in adults. heck im 36 and this is the 2 ear infection i have had about 2 or 3 months ago i had a bad ear infection in my left ear, doc at health department gave me an antibiodict drop to put in it and it cleared it up some but its still very sore.. my left ear was just sore, this on my right ear is different, it is a lot more soreness and the pain goes all the way up onto my right eye and down to my right chen, then theres the popping or what sounds like something bursting in my ear, and it hurts when i chew or swallow but yet it has not swelled up just pain, and sharp pain.. very weoird that me as an adult get ear infection..
  10. White Dove

thanks hun..
  11. White Dove

thanks hun.

well do not get sick on my account.. have you not heard how obama ( our now president ) is going to reform the healthcare in America, or is supposed to anyhow.. they say one thing and always do something else..

You know i have polyps on my colon.. polyps to doctors i am told are/is a precurser to cancer, well last year in April i had to do a thing called a C-Scope. they ran a tube up me and cut off not one but several polyps off my colon. told me plainly that i need this done every year because it was unusally to see that in a 36 year old female.. Dr Doug did this, he set it up on payments for me. i took $100 in to pay down and was supposed to pay $50 per month until $400 was paid up. it cost $500 total, well i just so happened to lose my job when i get burnt on my hand and never got the money to pay it.. now its time for me to have that done again and i still owe them at Whartburg at the Ambulatory care center there.. well the nurse on duty today called me today to reschedual me for that test. my sister in law mary had answered the phone and told the nurse that i was having a really hard time and from my understanding the nurse said that i really needed this done if i wanted to live? so seeing as how i get my meds at the health department i am going to see and ask them friday when i go for my ear if they do this C-scope, if not i guess its bye bye whitedove.. polyps turn into cancer sometimes, without treatment or evasive surgery to remove them then well theres more cancer in me and i die plain and simple, but i am not going to dwell upon it, i will just wait until friday and ask them and then go from there.. thats all i can do..

and thank you for your prayers! I know God heres them and right now my life and care is in his hands..and i trust him to make the best choice for me cause he knows what is best. but i tell you, putting my trust in him fully while having pain is very hard to do.. Perhaps you need to ask for strength for me to be able to fully trust him also:blink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.