Another Facebook problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicsFan

I am trying to talk to someone on Facebook who I haven’t seen in a couple of years.

The problem is though, I can’t send her a friend request and she still hasn’t responded to my message that I sent her yesterday.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
This probably won't help much, but the past couple of years, I've been watching an awful lot of stand-up comedians podcasts on Youtube. And for the longest time--whenever a comic, or pretty much who(m)ever would give their credentials: or ways to get ahold of them; they very typically, or usually said the same thing. . . I've got Facebook / Twitter ...& ya de, ya da, ya de, ya da ("but I NEVER CHECK Them!") :^) "Follow me on Instagram. . . (that's where all my stuff will be posted for upcoming shows, performances, appearances & etc.)! ;D

ClassicsFan

This probably won't help much, but the past couple of years, I've been watching an awful lot of stand-up comedians podcasts on Youtube. And for the longest time--whenever a comic, or pretty much who(m)ever would give their credentials: or ways to get ahold of them; they very typically, or usually said the same thing. . . I've got Facebook / Twitter ...& ya de, ya da, ya de, ya da ("but I NEVER CHECK Them!") :^) "Follow me on Instagram. . . (that's where all my stuff will be posted for upcoming shows, performances, appearances & etc.)! ;D
It doesn’t help, but thank you for that information.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
If the person has friend request that restricted where you can't send a request you may never even be able to send a message. My sister in law has her FB set like that. I had to e-mail her the link to my page and have her request me as a friend. Some people just do filter and restrict to that extent. Even after adding her the only friends she has that I can see on her list are mutual friends.

ClassicsFan

If the person has friend request that restricted where you can't send a request you may never even be able to send a message. My sister in law has her FB set like that. I had to e-mail her the link to my page and have her request me as a friend. Some people just do filter and restrict to that extent. Even after adding her the only friends she has that I can see on her list are mutual friends.
I was able to send her a message and emailed her last month with the link to my page.

Shush

It could be that this person is reducing her social media activity so isn’t responding right now.
And - it is possible that she is making a decision not to connect with you. I know that is a painful feeling, but it is really about her and not you. It could be that she only has very close friends and family on her page.
It might be time to try to stop trying to reach out to her, unless she responds. Focus on other friends you have.

ClassicsFan

It could be that this person is reducing her social media activity so isn’t responding right now.
And - it is possible that she is making a decision not to connect with you. I know that is a painful feeling, but it is really about her and not you. It could be that she only has very close friends and family on her page.
It might be time to try to stop trying to reach out to her, unless she responds.Focus on other friends you have.
Those could very well be the reasons why she isn’t responding. I did send her an email in November asking her if it was okay if we could be friends, and she said sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00