another hi message

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by CircleSquare, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CircleSquare

CircleSquare Member

I'm not really sure what to say here, I'm suppose I'm hoping to find some people who understand how I feel.

I'm 33, and we had a happy home in Scotland. Now, we've moved back to England so that my husband has a good permanent job, it's supposed to be a better life. I just feel like I've lost so much that we'll never get back, and we don't even have more money because no-one wants to buy the old house.

The only thing keeping me going is my daughter.

So, umm, hi, everyone.
  2. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Hi there CircleSquare, i hope you find some comfort on here

yorkie xx
  3. Anni

Anni Well-Known Member

Welcome CircleSquare
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum, glad you're with us!
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello CircleSquare, Welcome to the forums!!
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome heres hoping the house sells soon and you have made more friends to support you in your new place. I am glad you have your daughter as she will bring you many happy moments glad you are here for support.
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you found us and are searching for support in your battle. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom that knows how important it is for her to grow up having you in her life. I hope we are able to help you by providing a safe place to share your thoughts and feelings. :hug:
  8. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

first off i want to say thanks for being here. we're really glad you're here and we'll love to support you any way we can. i'm sorry to hear about your financial struggles i can relate all too well. so if you would care to pm i'd be really glad to listen and get back with you. again i'm sorry for you that you ended up here, but honestly there is no better place for support. if you only knew how instrumental these people were in saving my life monday nite. they're great and i'm glad you're here. keep sharing and please take care
  9. CircleSquare

CircleSquare Member

Thank you all for the nice welcome, I've really been struggling for the last few weeks with resurfaced feelings from my teens and early 20s. I really thought I'd beaten the self-harm urges, even if the depression faintly lingered. Now this move has made my life hell. I look at my daughter (she's only four) and I wish I'd never had her, so that I could just walk out of this life. I already feel like I'm losing her, it's hard to describe, but with my family being 2 hours away, and my in-laws now taking her one day a week, I feel like she's more a part of my husband's family than mine. I feel like I can't find my love for her, adorable as she is. It was much easier when everyone was hours away!

I've now put a stop to the weekly visits, and I think my husband has finally realised how bad things are for me, but we'll see, mornings are usually okay, come 3 pm I'm about ready to walk out and not come back.

Any way, thanks again.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
  10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Moving is hard on everyone that is true I hope in time you are able to make new friends tohelp you. You moods seem to drop in the evening have you considered talking to your doctor about this maybe getting on some medication just for awhile to help you cope until things settle down. Your child will need your love more now and understanding as she too has been uprooted from her friends. glad you are here for support as well keep reaching out okay
  11. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i can so relate to you when you wonder just how much you love your own kid. i have two and i've been down that road myself, but you know what i believe i believe you will always love her no matter what you think. when you think it's not so true is when the depression is screaming the loudest. i know all to well i just went down this road myself this weekend. also if we minimize it we somehow think that this will make any choice we make better, but it really doesn't. the facts are our children are affected by our choices and if you ever did anything final her life would be incredibly impacted forever and she would feel so much guilt no matter what you could ever write to her in a letter or whatever.

my kids and my friends here at the forum are the very reason the only reason i survived this weekend. please continue to share and like i said earlier we'll continue to listen. you are a good lady i can already tell. please don't lose sight of that and take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.