Another Introduction (sorry)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ConanTroutman, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConanTroutman

ConanTroutman Member

I'll try and keep this brief so as not to bore anyone who's actually bothered reading it. My name is David, I'm 17 years old and I live in Australia. I have serious problems with major depression, social anxiety disorder and self harm. I dropped out of high school at the beginning of the year due to these problems. I've spent the year living reclusively at my parent's house and have spent over three months in hospital (I'm currently on leave and haven't been discharged yet). I spend the days enduring this unbearable, unrelenting pain and wake each morning astounded that I'm still alive. I have had suicide attempts in the past and think about it constantly. I'm surrounded by a supportive family and friends looking out for me and take medication yet nothing ever improves. My life is perpetual torture and I get enjoyment from nothing. I just want to die. Anyway I just thought I would introduce myself incase I start posting. Thanks for reading>>

2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

hey welcome

3. ConanTroutman

ConanTroutman Member

Thanks for the welcome.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome conan :hug:

5. ConanTroutman

ConanTroutman Member

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to our forums. No need to be sorry for introducing yourself or being here. we are glad you found us and hope we can offer support to you. :hug:

7. ConanTroutman

ConanTroutman Member

Thanks, I hope that being here can help.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums David!! I too suffer from socialphobia and have been in isolation for years.. I know how you feel!! I hop you find support here as I have...Take Care!!

9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sf :)

10. monnie101

monnie101 Member

Welcome to the forums. I'm new here too. Everyone seems so nice here and supportive. Hang in there, try to find some hope. I don't know if this helps, but it often helped me when I read this article on suicide and how it usually fails and sometimes results in permanent damage such as nerve damage. Not to mention other things how it worsens the situation around you.

Hang in there, keep hope alive. :hugs:

11. ConanTroutman

ConanTroutman Member

Thanks to everyone for the kind welcomes. I appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.