Another lonely soul

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Kev, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev

Kev New Member

I have joined here because I have no one to talk to about my situation.

I'm 40 years old and have never been in a relationship. Maybe its because everyone I meet hates me as much as I hate myself.

Believe me, being a 40 year old virgin is not as funny as the movie.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...no matter what the situation, being alone and unhappy is not funny...so glad you found us..here you are clearly not alone...there are many ppl here who have experienced similiar concerns...hope you get the support you need...please tell us more about what is going on for you so that we can support you...big hugs, J

3. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome. I'm sorry about your situation. I hope you find support.

4. Kev

Kev New Member

I'll give it a try as I have nowhere else to turn anyway.

As I said, I'm 40 years old and have never been in a relationship. The main reason being that I'm only 5' tall. Even women that I thought liked me seemed to be concerned that their friends would laugh at them (I'm sure you've seen the vicious jibes in the press at Tom Cruise because he is shorter that his wife). I've come to the conclusion that people are basically shallow and more concerned with appearances than personality.
    I have been able to cope with this in the past, focussing on my career. But my 40th birthday seemed to be a catalyst for depression. I've worked hard and become pretty successful materially, but whats the point of it all with no one to share it with?
    Sorry to dump this on you all, I'm sure you have much bigger problems of your own to worry about.

5. stig

stig Well-Known Member

hey, Kev. your problems are only different to others. certainly no less important. my best mate is only 5 foot 2. I'm 40 too. I spent my 40th on my own. I isolated myself from everyone. Have you tried any dating sites? I'm not being funny, i know that there's a lot of stigma attached to them but hell. i'm on 1. They are there for a reason. try them. pm me if you want. i'll be here.

6. Well I can relate abit to your situation. (hopefully my thread will be approved soon) I cant give you any solution I'm afraid but if you want to chat about how it feels feel free to pm me.

7. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Tom Cruise needs to come out of the closet...

People hate him because he's a $cientologist, not because he's short.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.