Another mostly sleepless nite!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by theleastofthese, May 2, 2008.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

For the last week I've been itching all over, from my scalp to the bottom of my feet. It's bad enough during the day but to lie in bed at nite with every square inch of skin prickling and tingling and itching unbearably. I was up and down, in and out of bed until the wee hours of the morning. Finally fell asleep from complete exhaustion and then overslept this morning, missing a cleaning job!!:mad:

I have no insurance or health care coverage at all so can't go to a doctor for this. So glad I live in the only "civilized" country in the world that doesn't have universal health care!:mad:

THis is driving me insane, and I'm so tired this week I'm not functioning well.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

As I said before, I have this lovely problem :dry:
    Have found taking one to two anti-histamines at night has stopped the itch and benadryl has the added bonus of making me drowsy :biggrin:
  3. For what it's worth, I've had some of the same - that infernal itching!! :mad: One of the things I found out is that the itching could be caused by liver and/or kidney damage/malfunction. Since the body cannot effectively eliminate the toxins that accumulate, they are released through the largest organ in the body - your skin. May or may not be the case. I was also told that taking a cold shower might help. Or it was suggested to take Oatmeal baths - which soothes the skin and has a longer-lasting effect. Surely there's some homemade recipes on The Net somewhere to concoct your own (instead of having to buy some), and especially since oatmeal is about one of the cheapest things you can buy, and is readily available :smile:

(SCREW EST√ČE LAUDER!!!!!!!:wink:)
  4. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

I dont have the itching problem but I deff have the sleeping problem so can understand that. I only slept for 2 nights out of the last 7. Im apsolutly shattered and worn out but i still cant get to sleep and its making my depression worce.
    I hope you get better soon