Another New Person

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Samantha_L, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samantha_L

Samantha_L Member

I'm brand new. Not sure what to write. I promised a friend I would try and wait until after christmas to do it, but I am struggling to keep my promise.
    I am a bit of a coward, so that helps me keep my promise, but I want it all to be over so much.
    I also don't want to ruin christmas for my toddler, so I guess waiting until next year would be good so he can grow up enjoying the holiday.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Samantha and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry that you are going through such a rough time. Are you getting any professional help? If you're actively suicidal that is the best option. It is great you have your friend there for you too. Your toddler needs you hun, you CAN get better. I am living proof of this. I got better from depression through a combination of therapy and medications. The anxiety still prevails but professional help was what made me who I am today! I really hope you get help. Can you call your local crisis team at your local hospital? The samaritans are also an excellent support. I hope things get better for you, keep us updated :)
  3. jake.x.99

jake.x.99 On Leave

hi Samantha, and welcome. i can't help but respond to your post because i have a daughter named Samantha, and i would be decimated if she ever did anything to hurt herself. and as with you, the world would be a darker place without her . . . or you. i'm so, so sorry that you're struggling right now, but i'm glad that you have friends looking out for you. and i'm glad that you are finding reasons to stay . . . your toddler will always be the most important reason . . . he will need you forever, and there will be a whole in his life that no one could ever fill if you left. keep making those promises to stay . . . build on each day. you can't see this through the darkness and the struggles right now, but you are such a special and important person, and you deserve happiness. it will get easier, and it will come to you. no matter how dark things are today, the sun and the moon are still out there, even when you cannot see them. please don't ever hesitate to ask for help. we all need it at times, and it is out there for you. you're much stronger than you give yourself credit for being, and you can fight through this . . . a day, then a week, then years at a time. your son needs you Samantha. we all need you. it will get better. it always gets better.
  4. SteveBy

SteveBy Active Member

I am quite new here too. It helps. The people are very supportive and you're not alone. Not being alone helps. It's surprising how many feel like you do. Give it time. Take care.
  5. Samantha_L

Samantha_L Member

Thank you all. I ended up going to hospital (before anything happened). I'm hanging in there. It's hard, but I'm here.
  6. jake.x.99

jake.x.99 On Leave

that's really great, Samantha. i'm so glad you are seeking help when things get too hard. keep fighting. stay strong and safe.
  7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. YOU are IMPORTANT and we are a very supportive community. Be strong as we can help you.
  8. Ravengirl

Ravengirl Active Member

Hello Samatha and welcome. I am here for couple of days and it is pretty good, All the best
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.