Another Newb

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jelly_fish, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jelly_fish

Jelly_fish Member

Hello
    I'm not sure why I am here. I have a lot going on in my life and I'm beginning to lose interest in things and anxiety is taking over. I felt like this about 6 years ago and I was under a therapy program for a few months but I found that it just temporarily covered my feelings and was discharged without any evidence of improvement. Since then, the anxiety has made me into a different person. I don't want to kill myself, I just want to cease existence. I have not confided in anyone about this so I see this forum as a first step.

EDIT: Just to add: I don't really know what to say here as this is the first time admitting it outside my thoughts.

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Jelly fish.. Welcome to SF.sounds to me you are suffering from depression and lot of anxiety. Despite your prior unsuccessful trial with therapy feel you should try again..depression and high anxiety can cause total immobility and just sitting there in total misery. Meds can help this also.. Need to give all of this time to actually show good results.. Jim

3. Jelly_fish

Jelly_fish Member

Thanks for the reply :)

I may have to try the therapy option again. I'm not sure on the meds idea. I have to take a few as it is. Time is a big factor as I have such a busy lifestyle. I guess I go from the opposites and only feel like this when I have chance to stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.