Another newbie introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by dawnbartlett, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawnbartlett

dawnbartlett New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm obviously new to this forum...and this is the first time I've been here. I'm married (17+ years), have 4 wonderful kids (3 of my own, 1 is my great niece I have custody of), live in Bay City Michigan, and the home of choice for my kid's friends (temporary home for a couple of them and an open door to all).

I am considered a manic depressant--or, whatever the correct term is today. Although, I am not one that has ever seriously considered suicide--I know many friends and students that have, continue to, and actually succeeded in ending their life; including close and immediate family who I will always worry about--and will forever miss the few that are no longer with us.

I am not an expert, nor a counselor. I am one who deeply cares about everyone and feels a personal responsibility to speak up and over-react when I feel/suspect depression or suicide in others. I understand how it feels when you mind and body want to let go, I've experienced the trauma (physical and emotional) when someone close is murdered and/or commits suicide, and most importantly, I realize I could never understand what someone is going through or how they least until they decide to help me understand and let me help (even if all I do is listen).

Sorry for the long introduction. I wanted you to know who I truly am and why I'm here. But, more importantly, how difficult it is for me to be I know it is for you as well. I guarantee I won't have answers and often won't know what to say...but, I will be here listening and available if you need me. I'm also certain that the day will come when I will need you too...I only hope you'll be here as well. :wink:

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Dawn, welcome to sf :)

I'm glad you found us :)
  3. Rockster

Rockster Guest

Welcome to SF, if you ever need someone to chat to have a rant or whatever, send us a message ;) glad to see you here but also not glad(if you know what i mean) so i hope we can help :)
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Dawn. Thank you for your offer of support to the forum members. We are here to offer support to you should you need it as well. I look forward to seeing you around. Come on in and chat sometime. :hug:
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Dawn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.