another newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by urban_lily, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_lily

urban_lily Well-Known Member

hi...I have just joined the forum :smile:

I'm 26 and I live in Bristol, England. I have had ME/CFS for nearly four years. I have taken three overdoses this year and I'm a self harmer. I'm currently on antidepressants and having counselling.

I'm going through a particularly bad patch at the moment and just happened to stumble across this forum so I thought I'd join up! I'm guess you guys will understand what I'm going through better than the people around me at the moment.

Cheers :smile:

2. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!

I don't know much about CFS, but you have my sympathies for your burden. I'm from the Washington DC area. I'm also in my 20s, and was diagnosed with NVLD at age 18. I often suffer from insomnia and social anxiety, though I don't consider myself depressed - on the contrary, I'm pretty content with life. I'm not on any medication, though I occasionally use Xanax.

I'm sure many in this community will be able to relate to your experiences.

Hope everything works out for you, see you on SF. :)

3. urban_lily

thanks for the reply :)

insomnia is not nice....my sleep pattern often gets very unstable at times due to the illness and I also get boughts of insomnia....it's just so boring!

4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Urban Lily :) Hope you will find friends and support here.
    :hug:
    Beret

5. Yana

Yana Active Member

Hi!

I've just joined the forum too, and just having a look about, so I thought I'd say 'hello'. Like you I've hit a rough patch and just happened to come across this site the other day. I have a friend who suffers from ME so I have a degree of understanding although no direct experience. I hope you find some good support here.

Yx

6. riz

riz Senior Member

*welcome to SF!!

I'm RiZ and I've also had quite a long history of self-harming. If you need anyone to talk to, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm around quite often and am always willing to talk.

Hope you find some support here like I have.

With love,
    RiZ

7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome:

8. Hazibell

Hazibell Well-Known Member

welcome to SF! sorry to hear youre going through so much, i used to be a self harmer and trust me it can get better. here if you ever need to talk

9. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome :hug:

10. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome:

11. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

ello and welcome to SF i look forward to seeing you around the site, i hope you find it helpful:smile:

12. urban_lily

wow...thanks for all the messages :)

I'm trying to find out more about self harming as I'm not really receiving any help for that at all and I dont really know much about it from other people's points of view.

13. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Welcome :smile:

I hope you can find the friendship and support here that you deserve, I'm sure you'll get plenty of support from SHers, it seems as if a lot of us here have experience,

:hug:

14. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the site lily. I hope you will find some answers to your questions. there are many peoplethat have sh issues. You definitely are not alone. Have you looked through the SH forum?

15. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

welcome to sf. congrats on the date. i hope you continue with this. there are wonderful ppl here. i've been doing SI since i was 13. finally stopped a few months ago. if you want to talk or vent, my pm box is open or you can add me on msn.
    take care and stay safe

16. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

17. urban_lily

thank you so much everyone. I have had a quick scan through the forum and plan on looking at some of the sticky posts in more detail soon :)

*hugs* to all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.