Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by gemini, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gemini

gemini New Member

Hi, Ummm, not sure what to say, seems everything is bleak, i hate it, the hardest part is gettin up each morning, and not wanting to live, seems to be no way out, its getting worse - when in the chat room, it seems u all know eachother and are all happy happy and more happy and im prob older than most of ya which even makes it worse, i should be like happy too. i self injure alot of different ways, somethin i dont usually mention, but figured if i cant say it here, where can i say it. i had a melt down last week and know i need help. i tried calling hospital cuz wasnt safe and they told me cuz i dont have T they cannot admit me but outpatient can help me, so i called outpatient they called me back and left message telling me wont be able to until march, i feel like its a death sentence. its like it bugs me alot that even tho i may wanna do something i thought there was an out to not do something but there isnt any outs. Sorry not making sense. I just dont know what to do and hopin you might understand some of this and we can help eachother somehow. Tomorrow's another day, right? :blink:

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum hun :hug: if you need to talk i'm just a PM away:biggrin: stay safe and take care :hug:
  3. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the site

I'm sure you'll find plenty of people around here who will be able to help you.

Do everything you can to try to find to improve your life, please don't hurt yourself. It is good that you are trying to get yourself some help.

Take each day as it comes.

Take care

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hey gemini, nice to see ya again.

first things - i know what you mean about chat. but appearances can be deceiving. some days it's all "happy happy" there but fact is, it's usually the middle of the night and we're all in the suicide forum chat room. that's gotta be a sign that we're suffering, despite the happy front we can put on. you've seen me in action in chat.... when i'm having a meltdown i just login there and ask "can anyone chat with me for a bit...." and usually someone steps forward. remember, you did once, and it really helped.

as for the waiting lists... arghhhh how frustrating! fact is, this is really a life or death situation. if you are feeling so down that you fear you cannot make it through the night, just get in a cab and go down to the emergency room. they cannot refuse to help, whether you have insurance, a shrink, or what have you. i was on a wait list until march, that is until i showed up in person, rambling, incoherent and clearly unraveled. since we chatted i have some meds, a community psych nurse who visits at home, and a psychiatrist.

some days i feel better and some days i feel worse. but at least i'm not alone in this. i have the professionals. and i have the kind people here at SF.

hang in there. as they say, one day at a time. and don't run anyone over on your way to the hospital LOL

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum gemini. i know chat can seem intimidating when you first start out there. You will find it doesn't take long to get to know people and soon you will feel more comfortable. You are not alone in the way you feel. No one can say they know exactly what you feel like because we are not you, but the feelings can be similar and understood. i hope you will stay with us and give us the chance to get to know you better. :hug:
  6. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Welcome to the forum. If you're a true gemini you'll get bored FAST. Mercury just went retrograde for 3 weeks. Most gemini's think at lightning speed and if you're one, Beware-there is quite a bit of evil here, but also some insight to suicide & support, if you hook-up. Gemini's, among many other traits, want $$$,-this isn't the place to find it. It's actually very dull except if you go in chat you could always strike up w/ a schizo, crackhead or whatever who may mildly entertain you for a time.

Otherwise, look elsewhere for support. Good luck.
  7. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: hun. I hope we can give you some help you need atm.
    Beret xx
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum hun

Sam xoxo
  9. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

I avoid the chat room for the same reasons!
  10. gemini

gemini New Member

thanks for welcoming me here
  11. gforce7

gforce7 Active Member

Just wanted to say welcome gemini :smile: hope you stick around
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.