Another noob.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by NightOwl1, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightOwl1

NightOwl1 Active Member

Hi,
    I found this site a few days ago, and decided to register. As you might have already guessed, I'm in a dark place at this time in my life. I'm not usually the type of guy to reach out for help, but lately I have been doing this with the medical people here. I find them as much use as a chocolate fireguard, they don't listen, or don't really care. I'm not the only one to hold this view, I have spoken to people in the various clinics I've attended in the past, who have the same opinion. I hope at some point, I can share what has been going on in my life. To try and bring about some understanding on my life, not just for the readers here, but more so for myself. So hello everyone, I'm still having a look around the site, but I hope to connect with some kindred spirits here.

NightOwl1.

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

There are no noobs, such a thing does not exist, only lost people.

:bubbles:

3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hi NightOwl & welcome to SF - :mouse_cheese:

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi NightOwl,

Welcome to the site. This place is my saviour as everyone is supportive here and no one judges you. Respect and take care.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi nightowl. Sorry that you are having such a hard time. Sometimes local crisis resources can be anything but helpful. And trying to find a good therapist and pdoc, if someone has insurance etc. can be time consuming and not so easy.

Thats one of the reasons this this community is good. I am glad you found us. It has helped countless number of people to hang on and feel heard. To feel supported. And to make it from day to day,week to week and yes, year to year.

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi, and welcome. I hope you find help and support here, and that you'll eventually share what's brought you to this point.

A chocolate fireguard? I have to admit, the phrase itself made me smile; but I'm really sorry you're being let down by the people who are supposed to be there to help you and so many others.

7. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Hello Nightowl1 welcome to SF, hope you find it useful and I'm here if you ever need to talk to somebody :)

8. NightOwl1

NightOwl1 Active Member

Thanks for the warm and friendly welcome folks. I like the feel of this place, and the people in it. Wild Cherry, a fireguard was used here in Scotland, when coal fires were still used. It was made of metal, as the fire quite often spat out hot coals. As you can imagine a chocolate fireguard wouldn't have been much use. As for sharing my story as to what has brought me here, I will. A recently found friend here suggested I start writing, she isn't aware of my suicide attempt in the past, or my dark thoughts of late. She is a beacon of light, and a source of inspiration for me. I don't see her often, she spends a lot of time away from here through her work. Nevertheless she's a good friend, and non judgemental. She's the one who suggested I look for like minded people on the net, and to get into writing. I tried to gain access to the chat room last night, but couldn't get in. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm not very techie minded. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks again for the welcome.

9. NightOwl1

NightOwl1 Active Member

Thank you Count On Me, I'll remember this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.