Another Overdose

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by luci76, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luci76

luci76 Member

My Mum has taken another over dose, 9 times now in a year & a half, she got taken to hospital last night, the last time was last Friday,she has been in pain all week & feeling real ruff, she promises not to do it again, & said she had tipped all her drink down the sink, she lives on her own, we have been in contact every day.. She has been saying she doesnt want to do it then I had a call last night about 10 from her partner, (they dont live together) saying that she had taken another overdose, I couldnt get there as I had been drinking so I rang an ambulance & the police, it took nearly 2 hours for them to get there, she was still consious.. Her doctor has got to sign her in, I feel its the only next step to keep her alive, its not going to stop is it?? What do I do?? I thought she was being more positive about things..

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Big hugs :hug: That can't be easy for you. I was shocked to read it took 2 hours for the ambulance to show up, don't know where you live but over here it should take no longer than 8 minutes (I think) for an ambulance to get to it's patient from a 999 call. Anyway, your mum is in the best place and hopefully she will get the help she deserves and so obviously needs. Take care of yourself. :hug:

3. luci76

luci76 Member

Thank you, well I have just rang the hospital, & they have said she left 30 min ago she is on her way home, been trying to ring her doctor to see if they are going to do anything this time.. Just waiting for a return call..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.