Another question Thread

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ryan1, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan1

Ryan1 Well-Known Member

So, I OD'd about two years ago. I was fine after that but lately I have been feeling really depressed (like i did when i tried to kill myself, which i did succeed for about 60~ seconds haha). But now to the question...

What do you guys and gals do to help cope with your feelings? What kind of activites? How well do they work?

Any information will help, I'm getting tired of being addicted to opiates/opioids =/
  2. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

I write in a diary or on microsoft word... just write away about everything. Or i take a walk.

If they dont help at least they fill some time.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

phone some talk to crisis line go for awalk listen to music come on line and talk here as well i also let my therapist know how my mood have changed and he helps bring me up a bit hugs
  4. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Mostly, I write. Keeping a journal helps. Poetry helps, too. You don't even have to be "good" at it. My favorite English teacher in high school once told me that there is no such thing as a "good" poet because as long as he writes what he feels, he is a good poet. I, also, listen to music to distract myself. It helps sometimes. Playing video games works, too. And that, also, helps to pass the time. Just anything I genuinely enjoy doing that is a nice little distraction from such thoughts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.