Another Reason Why I'm Not Suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Righteous, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Righteous

Righteous Well-Known Member

Whats up guys? OK check out my situation. I don't have a house or apartment 2 live in. I stay in city parks and sleep in my car. I use a car power inverter for electricity. I also use outlets in parks for electricity. I'm homeless but I'm happy. Hopefully I can inspire u guys to want 2 live by hearing my story.

Now some may say that this is insanity, but I say its pleasure. How? u may ask. Because I don't have any bills 2 pay. Its a headache having 2 give your hard earned cash to landlords and utility companies. I keep a fair amount of money plus I don't have to worry about having to wait too long to save up just in case of a car emergency. I get to have fun everyday because I can shop how I want to, eat what I want to, and go hang out like I want to at clubs, bars, and any other social events.

My family seem to have a problem with this. They say that this is foolish and dangerous. They feel that I can easily get killed by staying in parks and sleeping in a car. Well here is how I feel, my family never really cared too much about me anyway. My parents didn't raise me right, I wasn't eating properly when I was a child. They didn't spend a whole lot of time with me. They didn't show me how to be a good person. They just didn't care.

And guess what, my dad is a millionaire. He just never cared about supporting me financially even when I was a child. I know that was messed up, but I'm let God deal with him with that situation. I hardly even go 2 my parents house. I honestly wouldn't care if he died.

Now pay attention to something. If u notice, I'm not complaining about how my dad doesn't help me out. I'm simply handling my situaution on my own even though it may be extreme. I'm aware that my dad could have just gave me some money to go to college or he could have just gave me a job at his business, but I'm not complaining. I'm just trying 2 see why they are criticizing me for the way I live. I don't even talk about this situaution with my parents, I just know they don't like how I'm living because my Grandma told me. I don't even answer the phone if my Mom or dad calls me.

I only make about $1,200 a month, so I don't want a house or apartment because the bills will eat up my money. I wanna know how do u guys feel about me living like this. U got to think about it, giving all your money to landlords and utility companies is misery. Being able to spend your money how u want to is pure pleasure.

2. kerplunk86

kerplunk86 Member

LOL wow.. how old are you?

3. Degenerate Escapist

Degenerate Escapist Well-Known Member

I've heard about some other guy who did something like that for a year or two. It actually sounds pretty great if you're looking to save some major cash.

One thing you really have to worry about though is having your car stolen with everything inside it. >_<"

4. Righteous

)))))))))))

5. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

I think your standard of living is appalling. Not that its your fault, just that I think everyone should be able to sleep in a real bed, and one thing people should always be able to do is go to their parents when your in trouble!

Why won't your parents help you? Have you considered saving your money and buying a manufactured home and putting it on a permanent foundation? (You might be suprised how cheap you could get one)

In fact I almost purchase one for $19,500 that included the land, and the home was in perfect living condition.

If you're young enough go back to school. If you don't like school try a technical trade, anything, so you can increase your wage, and increase your standard of living.

Do you like living in a car?

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Wow. I'm not going to criticize you for your choice of lifestyles, but I know it definitely wouldn't be my choice! I like stability ... having a roof over my head, being able to cook my own meals, being able to take a shower in my own bathroom instead of always having to use a public one. I'm not into the bar scene, and I don't hang out at clubs very often, so that aspect of it doesn't bother me. Plus, I have a dog, and I don't think she'd be thrilled with the prospect of living in a car all the time.

I would imagine that's got to make for some pretty hot, uncomfortable summers and really COLD winters!

7. Righteous

Oh, I know how to keep warm and stay cool. I spend a lot of time in a cofee shop that has free Wi-Fi

8. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

Back when I was your age, well, a bit younger, I spent a couple of years living in my car (1962 Plymouth Belvedere). I spent most of my time in the Black Hills (talk about cold winters!). I wasn't hanging in clubs, other than an occasional evening hustling pool; I needed the time in the woods alone. Eventually I wanted something else. so I have a home, a wife, kids. I don't regret either time. I needed that time alone to heal, parent stories aren't a contest, there are lots of bad ones. There's an old joke: parenting is the one important job given to unskilled labor. Anyway, the family I have helped build is the best thing that ever happened to me. Everything in it's own time.

9. pit

pit Well-Known Member

That sounds good for now, but trust me: Over time, it gets old.

10. Righteous

My mom probably would help me but she doesn't make a lot of money and my dad doesn't give her money. My dad just doesn't like me.

And yes, I like how I live. I don't really consider myself living in a car because I spend a lot of time in a coffee house and city parks. I plan on living like this for 10 more years hopefully. After 10 years of saving, I should be able too buy a house.

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

If this is how you choose to live and you are happy doing it, then that should be your choice. I am surprised law enforcement hasn't told you to move on. Where do you take care of your basic hygiene needs? In reality, while you may have no payments yourself, you are stealing from someone else. Using their water, electricity etc. Might be something you need to consider.

12. alexander

alexander Active Member

Strangely I've considered doing the same, but as a temporary solution so I can save money, currently I work full time on minimum wage and it only just pays for a double room with no sink or toilet, I'm tired of living like this, I would try to find a better job but tbh I'm not really that bright, I find things very hard to understand, as a single person on minimum wage and childless it is a very hard existence in the UK, my dream is to have a simple 1 bedroom flat with a kitchen and a washing machine, but it seems like a impossible dream atm, the only way I can see getting it is to live rough for a few years while working and save up for a deposit for a flat.

13. ToddMAdl

ToddMAdl Well-Known Member

Why would I criticize you if your lifestyle makes you happy and you have no problem living the way you do? I personally would be furious if I had to live likee that but I think if I lived a different life I know I'd be different (of course I would since I wouldn't be the way I am if I had different parents). My only question is do you ever think you'll want more in your world? Do you ever want to get married and have a family possibly? Because that definintely won't happen if you're still living out of your car. I just figure in your case that you will get tired of living the way you do and you'll want more down the road.

14. Righteous

Well, I'm not tired of living this way since I have been living like this for 8 months now. As for a wife, I should be able to get one after 10 years of saving money and buying a house. In the meanwhile, I'll just keep getting women the way I do now. I'm sure u all know what I'm talking about.

15. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

From your post I can see you have anger issues with your parents. If living the way you do makes you happy, then by all means keep doing what makes you happy.

For me homeless is something I fear. I'd rather die then be homeless. I like my appartment. I'm not a material person though, but my home is my sanctuary. And my rent is dirt cheap because its goverment control. I don't need to buy that many stuff so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.