Another Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six years ago I left a job due to the practices of the owner of the company. He asked me to do something which I thought was wrong and it also turned out to be technically illegal. I went to work for another (much better) company that also paid me about 35% more. Well, long story short, he filed a suit against me for breaching my non-compete contract and the lawsuit is still going on. I found out last week that he's looking for $8,000,000. I am not wealthy and even if he gets a percentage of the $8,000,000 it will probably ruin me financially for life. I also found out last week that I lost a large account (I haven't been able to concentrate at work because of this) and it pushed me over the edge.

I took two bottles of prescription medication, ran off behind my house and laid down under some pine trees to die. I was found and then ended up unvoluntarily admitted to a psychiatric hospital. I had never done anything like this before and I don't want to do it again.

The weird thing is that I had been considering suicide for quite some time but never thought I'd actually do it. It all happened real fast.

My wife, parents and one of my brothers knows about what I did and now I feel like they'll always look at me like I'm crazy. Actually, I don't care about how my wife feels anymore but it's my family members knowing that really bothers me.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Geeze well I am glad you are still with us :hug:
Are you still feeling suicidal? What happened at the psych ward? They put you on any medications or anything?
:heart:

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
so sorry things are so rough for you...I am sure you will find that ppl here truly understand what you have been through...big hugs, J

kenny

Hi buckshot.
I'm not an expert, and the laws differ in the uk, but if you left due to his questionable business practices, then I'd consult a lawyer to see if you can counter-sue for constructive dismissal- that you were forced to resign due to being asked to do something technically illegal.

All is not lost. Try not to worry about it. Even if it does get to court. I think it's unlikely that your ex boss will want his business practices scrutinised by lawyers. Please keep us up to speed. Best wishes.

Hi buckshot.
I'm not an expert, and the laws differ in the uk, but if you left due to his questionable business practices, then I'd consult a lawyer to see if you can counter-sue for constructive dismissal- that you were forced to resign due to being asked to do something technically illegal.

All is not lost. Try not to worry about it. Even if it does get to court. I think it's unlikely that your ex boss will want his business practices scrutinised by lawyers. Please keep us up to speed. Best wishes.
I do have a whole team of lawyers working for me. The kicker is that my ex-boss died a couple years ago and it's his estate who is doing this. We can't call him to the stand and his widow will be there looking all sad.

Definitely not cool

Are you still feeling suicidal? What happened at the psych ward? They put you on any medications or anything?
:heart:
Not right now.

I attended a bunch of groups and then was able to talk my way out after just one day. The originally wanted to keep me for five days but I'm a decent salesman. I met some people who were pretty bad off with depression, drug and alcohol problems, and some who were just completely off their nut.

They put me back on the stuff I OD'd on, they just didn't give me a prescription for that many of them.

One thing I would tell anybody thinking of doing something stupid, is not to do it. I never realized how devastating it would be to the people who really care about me. I know my wife doesn't but I was surprised at the support from others that I've received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00