another struggle

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by takencontrol, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

its now been around 10 weeks or so since i started on this latest struggle. sorry if my timings dont make sense, ive lost track of days, weeks and months. i was doing well, feeling well, the meds were working, finally. i had been doing well for a few weeks or so, and it started. i was forgetting my meds the odd day, feeling better, thinking i didnt need them i dont know. then i stopped taking them altogether, my mental state declined quickly. i was thinking about alcohol more and more, then it happened, i had a drink, and another and it got out of control very quickly. something clicked and i called someone i knew could help, she recommended alcohol counselling. ive now seen my counsellor 3 times, (i think) and im triggered so much but i need to keep going, i have to if im to get back to where i was. ive isolated, ive bitched and pushed people away, i dont deserve help. im not helping myself enough so why should anyone else want to help. i continue to find myself in this fucking pit with little hope of escape. again and again i fail. again and again i completely fuck my life up, blah.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun it often happens when one starts feeling better then stops their meds and declines I do hope you continue seeing your councillor and YES you do deserve help hun okay so don't doubt that Hopefully getting backon your meds will help you stabilize soon hun hugs

3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I think you deserve help. Sometimes it doesn't come as quickly as we want.
    Are you still on the meds? If you are, that's another good reason to put alcohol aside.

Starting over can be hard, but I think most of us have to sometimes.

I care

4. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

yeah im back on my meds, full strength with one but the other hasnt been restarted yet. i see my counsellor on tuesdays and got an appt with my gp on tuesday too. i hope i can get this sorted, been drinking for 5 straight days now and really need help now.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

WEll it is good you are talking about it hun i do hope you can decrease your drinking some so your meds can work effectively

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.