ANOTHER suicide in Bridgend

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by TheWr0ngChild, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

I am really starting to think something is going on there. It's a small town not unlike millions of others all accross the country. Just because people live in a small town dosen't mean they are suicidal. The ages of the victims seems to be between 15-30 youngsters, people with babies on the way, people with everything to live for, all dying by the same method.

The latest victim was another young man, again the same method.

One friend of mine told me it could be a serial killer, and as far fetched as this seems to be, it's a possibility. People are getting smarter, criminals are getting braver.

I don't buy any of the reasons the media is giving us, such as unenployment, poverty, nothing to do etc etc. It's the same in my town and probably every town accross the UK.

But what do you think?

So just what is it that is making so many young people lose the will to live?
    Is it a Facebook/Bebo suicide cult thats operating via PMs so not being discoverd by police? (even though police probably have accsess to the accounts of the victims) Is it a serial killer? Is it simply that there is nothing to do and no good jobs?
  2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

According to this guy, the media is misleading us on the scale of the suicdes. Although it's a high rate, it is over a large number of people and not just a single, small village.
  3. zRichi

zRichi Member

bridgend is where dreams go to die
  4. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Like Pigeons too a Whither spoons.
  5. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

When you hear about kids killing themselves for no good reason, with no history of depression, it makes me think that thinking of killing myself is fucking ridiculous. They had their whole lives ahead of them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.