Another very dark night.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tired John, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tired John

Tired John Well-Known Member

I really can't stand the nights. Awaking repeatedly to the same thoughts. I'm suffocating as I watch it all fall to pieces around me. I wish I wouldn't wake at all. :shame:
  2. Mma man

Mma man Member

I'm right their with you I just want to fall asleep and never wake up
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

oh hun it is so hard when ones sleep cycle is disrupted just know we are here ok hugs
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

What thoughts are keeping you awake? Maybe talking about them will make a difference, even if it's just to help you feel less alone.
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I have used many things to make the nights easier...I find falling asleep to music has been most successful...we all need our teddy bears to make us feel safe...wishing you more peaceful times and we are glad you are with us
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi John - I do understand about the thoughts and how they can pull you down. It's a positive step that you've isolated the problem, and so won't feel bad about talking back to your thoughts.

I know this will sound a weird thing to do at first, but honestly, it isn't. I know it works, even if at first it sounds like we're crazy. Just a suggestion, to speak out loud to them, along the lines of "I am not accepting you, you are not the truth" (etc.).

The positive thing about doing this is that it puts the battle onto a different footing - it's not just all happening in your head. And this in itself will be a relief, and increase your peace.

If you think it's me that's crazy for suggesting such a thing, so be it but it might just be worth a try. All the best :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.