Another Way to Look at Me Possibly Having to be Homeless( Serious Subject )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righteous

This is the second part to another subject I bought up

http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=77573

Ok, some of u seem to have the wrong idea. I don't have a problem living with my grandma. Some of u feel that I should stay with her until I find a job. The problem is that there are no jobs where my grandma lives. I'm serious there are none. This is why I am thinking about moving back to Little Rock and being homeless, because at least I'll have a chance to get a job and make another come up. Let me summarize the situation.

I'm down to my last savings. I have a couple hundred dollars. My best option seems to be to use that money to get back to Little Rock ( my city ) be homeless and look for a job. And until I find a job, I can sell blood for money. If I don't, I may never be able to move out my grandma's house and find a job because there are none where she lives.

Also, I be thinking about suicide because of the situations I'm facing. But I don't want to do that. I would rather have my family and friends know that I'm homeless and working rather than knowing I'm dead. So u see being homeless may be my only way to get my life together.

So can anyone see any positive side to me being homeless. Or do any of u feel that I should just kill myself. I wanna know your perspectives

Tobes

I'm not trying to be cynical here but do you really expect to be able to get a job while homeless? Jobs are hard to come by as it is, and I imagine that while living on the streets it would be a lot more difficult. What type of work do you want to find by the way? Labouring would be an easier field to get into as a tidy appearance isn't as important, but even then it can be a challenge.

I remember from your last thread you said you have been homeless before. Were you able to stay clean and presentable, and have access to food (which you will need if you are working)? I've never been homeless myself, and I don't live in America so my opinion is sorta biased, but I have never heard of life on the streets being easy. Did you work when you were homeless last time?

Personally I don't see a positive side when you have a home available to you, even if there is no work available in your town, but you would know better than me. I like mikeintx's idea of couchsurfing.org, as it is almost always better to have a proper bed (or couch) to sleep in or on and access to a shower, toilet etc. Have you researched the challenges of getting a job while homeless? If not, that would be a good idea.

You definitely shouldn't kill yourself, as that will only make things worse for people, and ultimately for yourself. I know it can be tempting, but it isn't the rose-tinted situation you might be making it out to be. You might fail and be left with permanent injuries, or you may succeed and you know the story if that happens.

Sorry I couldn't have more positive things to say, but homelessness doesn't seem like a positive situation, at least from my perspective. But like I said, you would know better than me. If you can't get work where you are, then I recommend trying to find a place to stay in Little Rock and finding a job that way, maybe even finding the job first. You don't want to move there and find you can't get a job there either.

Either way, good luck to you, with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

morning rush

i guess it kind of makes sense, but can't you stay at a friend's house or apartment until you can find a job and have your own apartment? aren't there shelters you might be able to go to or the YMCA?

being homeless is better than be dead, that's for sure...so I guess if you're going to be homeless, make a plan about how you'll manage and be as safe as possible...it can be very dangerous....

lonercarrot

I don't know where your grandma lives, but you can at least stay with her and find a job at the nearest city. If she lives so far away from little rock that you'd have to be homeless, don't go back to little rock.

Chances of you getting a job when you're homeless are slim. Especially since summer is coming up and thousands of students are looking for summer jobs. And I don't know, but I doubt anyone will be willing to buy blood from a homeless guy.

If you do end up being homeless I'd buy a weapon with that little money you have left. As for the shower thing; gyms are expensive. Just jump into a public pool at night or something. Steal clothes being left to dry on clothes lines, get used to beggining for money. These are the things you'll have to do if you're homeless

Righteous

i guess it kind of makes sense

being homeless is better than be dead, that's for sure...so I guess if you're going to be homeless, make a plan about how you'll manage and be as safe as possible...it can be very dangerous....

Thank u for understanding. Being homeless is definitely better than being dead. I do have a plan as far as surviving and keeping myself occupied. And as always, I know that God will protect me as long as he see that I'm doing something positive with my life

friendless

I found a documentary online about a whole family that grew up homeless. They worked for a circus in Mexico, lived on several (handmade) houseboats in New York harbor, traveled to Russia and Europe, and even sailed across the Atlantic (in one of their handmade houseboats no less). The kids grew up and are healthy and well-adjusted, a couple of them got married and had kids. It might cheer you up about your situation. It's called [url="http://www.hulu.com/watch/122393/random-lunacy]Random Lunacy[/url], named after the family patriarch who is a little, um, eccentric.

There is also a blog about dumpster diving and how it doesn't have to carry a stigma, http://fruganliving.com/page/2/

A homeless gentleman from Texas published a scholarly article on being homeless, his name is Lars Eighner and he wrote "On Dumpster Diving." http://www1.broward.edu/~nplakcy/docs/dumpster_diving.htm

I don't know if I personally support the lifestyle, but if it's something you really want to do and you feel you have no way out, I will do my best to be supportive and give advice.

Take Care (I mean be careful)
:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00