Another year of pain

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by canucklady, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canucklady

canucklady Active Member

Well here we are again, end of a year. Last year I was so hopeful that by this time I would be feeling better and would have worked through my problems. Instead what do I get? More memories, flashbacks, nightmares. I ask myself when does it stop? I am not feeling very hopeful this year at all. I face another year of T, which I might be able to afford and sadness. Not sure I can take it. I really thought this year I would get over this, feeling stuck I guess in my recovery.

2. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

i know exactly where u r comming from! the last 5 years i have tried to start the new year wit a positive mind set and it hasnt worked! i really hope that things improve for u this year, i hope u work through everything and become a better person for ti! :smile: good luck!

3. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Canuck and H88 I replied to your thread today but stupid computer stuffed me up,It's not your fault that your hope for a completely different start to the new year didn't materialise.It's so much harder on NYE because we see this as the huge possibility for the magical new change so when it doesn't happen we view this as a crisis and real disaster.
    I've done it as well year after year and of course as time passes through the night and I go back to being as I am I feel devestated.Try not to blame yourself for this setback as hard as it is,I know it's so tough because you set yourself up for such a great hopeful change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.