Answer Me This

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by MadeOfGlass, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

Why keep fighting when it won't get better?
    Why stick around when your own mind is working against you?
    Why try to stay when you don't want to?
    Why save something that's not worth the time?

2. What Ever

What Ever Active Member

Why keep fighting when it won't get better?

It does get better. I have depression too and it may always be here, but I was going to end it all in College and I didn't. Now I have a degree. That's something better than I had before and that will never go away either.

Why stick around when your own mind is working against you?

At least your mind IS working. That's better than the alternative.

Why try to stay when you don't want to?

You don't need to try anything. You have already succeeded. You're still here. Congratulations! I'm so happy to meet you.

Why save something that's not worth the time?

Let me assume that "something" is you. I certainly felt it was worth my time to talk to you right now. A world without you would be worse off.

Seriously, reading your message and answering your questions has helped me in a big way today. I was feeling depressed as I often do, but seeing your questions (which I've asked myself the same ones countless times) and finding a way to answer them has made my night! Thank you so much for this! I will now use this post whenever I feel myself asking these same questions.

Again, great to meet you!

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm fighting. I'm just surviving, ya know? You do the bare minimum of things each day, and nothing else. I'm like the spectator, I'm not playing the game. I'm just watching and waiting for it to 'end'.

I don't really know. At this point in time mine is always working against me. I've already lost the battle anyway.

I ask this to myself so I obviously don't have a minimally constructive answer.

You're definately worth it sarah! I can't remember what you wanted to do as a job when you get older, so what did you want to do?

4. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

I'm going to answer in my own way.

Maybe things will never get better. Maybe all the efforts you make to make a life for yourself, to make life tolerable, will all end in failure. You might die in agony, miserable and alone. That's just how life is. It happens every day.

Or your luck could turn around, things would look brighter, and you'd get some of the things you want. That's possible, too.

No one has any idea what's going to happen to you tomorrow, or a week from now, or however long. That's life.

It manifests itself as hope, the reason why suicidal people are so ambivalent when they think they're about to kill themselves.

And yes, you could kill yourself at any time. It may be what you ultimately choose to do. But there's no reason to do that today.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.