Answer this question Honestly

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by crumbling_virtue, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you were incapable of love and sex, would you keep on living, and if so Why?

Also if your a virgin please Speak up!

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I really do not care all that much about love and the other, but rather the simplest joy of being able to make even just one person around me happy. If I can do that even for a moment, then my llife has had meaning and I can die a happy person.

3. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

I have no idea why I'm still living. I guess I just always think that the next day might be the day but it isn't.

4. Perhapsa3

Perhapsa3 Well-Known Member

In this world actions stemming from love range from hostility to gentleness so no matter what you do, it could be considered love to some. As for the sex part, virginity is a virtue. I am and am happy about my choice to wait until I have my life in order and married before engaging in such activities. Have you seen the movie 'Haven'? It's where this educated girl waits until 18 to have sex with her boyfriend, father doesn't like him, runs him off and she ends up going to parties having sex with many different people just to feel that pleasure again. Depending on where sex can lead you, it may not be worth it. Someone once told me that sex was addictive. Would you want to be a virgin or a gigolo/nympho?

Would you want to live a life/ leave this world with dignity or without?

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  5. Incurious

Incurious Well-Known Member

Leif has typed out my thoughts exactly... Scary.

I am a virgin. I've had opportunities so to speak, but I've never felt comfortable enough with anyone yet. I'm not ashamed in the slightest. This is who I am.

6. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I have never understood society today's fascination with "having sex." I don't understand why having or not having sex has any bearing on wellness or on the quality of life.

7. I'm going to use this thank you, I wish someone would have said this sooner... I work retail, and I make people happy all the time, and at the end of the day when i get home I feel like shit. Now every-time I make someone smile. I do have a purpose

8. Sex is like a Car or a house, sure you can live without it, but the quality of life is awful. and in your teen years without it, you come off to everyone as weird, people think there is something wrong with you if your a virgin, most girls will never talk to you again when you tell them. WHY IS THIS!!!????

9. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

So I guess I will walk in my proper path of being a lesser human being. I have already professed many times that I am suicidal because I am not sexually active. So I am an example of a person who is going to do just what this thread is asking... not living if I cannot ever have sex again. I know I will never have sex again because I will never find another female that desperate and attractive. All females are naturally repelled by me. Since this is the case once my cat dies, I am out of here.

Though I do find this to kind of be a pointless question. I mean, why not ask if you could not do the number one thing that brings you pleasure and joy for the rest of your life, would you kill yourself? After all, quality of life is more about your enjoyment and satisfaction with life. Who cares if that enjoyment comes from writing or having sex?

10. Chocolate Heartache

Chocolate Heartache Active Member

I've never chosen to have sex, and there have been periods in my life where I've been perfectly happy. Obviously there have also been points where I've been desperately unhappy, hence my being on this forum, but I don't think my sexuality has influenced that.

I'm not technically a virgin, because I was abused as a child, but I've never had consentual sex, so I sort of consider myself as a virgin. I'm 25, and if I could fix other parts of my life, I'd happily live the rest of my life without sex, but I guess I don't know what I'm missing, and sex has therefore never been a part of me - I have PTSD and the thought of sex scares me, so I avoid those relationships and have pretty much accepted that I'll be single for life. If it's something you really really enjoy, and you've lost it, I can see why that would push you to the edge - I'm here because I'm losing my career, which to me is vastly more important than sexual relationships, but I'm sure many of my colleagues would sacrifice work for sex.

I don't think anyone's incapable of love, and I think you can be fulfilled by other sorts of love. I love my brother, I love my friends, I love my pet rats. I personally don't need to love a partner.

I hope you're OK C_V

11. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

If this were true, then human beings would have become extinct long ago. It is only recently that young people seem to think the world revolves around having sex. In my day, and the generations before me, the majority of people believed that having sex was a function performed only during marriage. Me personally, I'd love a brand new car... not one that everybody else has driven... But that is just me. I think that, however, there is so many more things in life to enjoy - and not everything about life is pleasure, we all must work and labor and find/create a way of life that makes us and others happy. If the #1 thing that I enjoy about life was in some way taken away, I think I would work toward replacing that with focus on other things. There are many things in life I wish I could do, but I know that I cannot and so I move on and find other things to enjoy. Honestly, the "quality of life" is not awful without sex. Dogs and rabbits perhaps may say, but we are intelligent human beings and surely there is more to living than just having sex..?

12. Incurious

Incurious Well-Known Member

I get the fascination with being in love with someone, but not that. Sex is sex. It's not that big of a deal ffs. I've done everything but full on, and it's not that great... I've got plenty of friends who've had sex, and they're not on a different plane than I am.

I'm looking for reason to why I feel like I do. But this is not the reason at all.

13. ceecee

ceecee New Member

i've never even been kissed. i don't think i'll ever get my cosmetic surgeries i think it's just a pipe dream and the thought of getting surgery and finally being pretty and having guys atually like me used to keep me going but it's fading away now and i'm getting more and more depressed

14. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well, I gave up hope on finding someone a long time ago....so I guess I'm not too worried about it anymore.

15. Girl don't give up, Most guys that want a long lasting relationship don't care about looks, only the guys who want to get in your pants care about looks, trust me the real men are looking for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.