answer this question...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Marshmallow, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

would you consider, well... not exacty cutting (well not in my mind) 'scratching' the skin on your wrist and getting a tiny bit of blood, cutting? yes or no....

vikki x
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

yes hun sorry,
    u know where i am if you want to talk :hug:
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

thanks hun, well that kinda sucks then dont it! :( i think i need to sober up lol, the drinks fucked up my head heehee
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2006
  4. nonstopnoise

nonstopnoise Guest

To be honest, I would not count it as cutting, but I would count it as self harm.

Scratching is another way to self harm, and it sounds like this is what you are doing.

If you want to chat feel free to PM me

Take care
  5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

It's just another form of self harm, not as dangerous for most people as cutting but still an unhealthy coping skill.

I'm here anytime :hug: you have my msn :)

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

that night it started of as scratching but then it kinda turned in to cuts because i started doing it harder, what i used was not particually sharp but still managed the do some small cuts, if that makes sense, it dont matter tho, i shouldn't of made this thread, i was pretty drunk when i made this and still managed to spell correctly, i seem to be able to type better when pissed, maybe i should drink more often :huh:

ps. thanks carolyn :smile:
  7. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

There's nothing wrong with asking, hun. :hug:
    When I think of cutting I normally think of a sharp object going into the skin making it bleed. As for scratching going deep enough into the skin to make a mark but not to actually pierce the skin so, hmm.. it could be classed as cutting. Either way, it is a form of self harm.
  8. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

like any other illness.. habit...coping skill....destructive action... addiction... it has to start some where.. and the sooner you stop the easier and more successful you will be ... good luck
  9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

It gets worse, and worse. It seems t be in one of the first stages, the longer and worse it gets, the harder it is to quit. Please remember this, it's not a good thing to grip when you need a coping skill, it's visable, leaves scars, ruins clothing, takes money, have to go to the pharmacy all the time and wait in line while people see the gauze, bandages, anti-botic, stery strips, botton balls, alcohol, poroxide....ect....people see them, children ask, staines on the sheets, socks, causes mistrust, hospitaliztion, worry of others, guilt for you. And so many more problems.

So please remember this. My last episode ended with a inch deep cut.

Remember I am here and understand about SH, so don't hesitate to PM me or catch me on msn. Remember we are here to support you, and we all have ups and downs, so don't feel you have to pretend to be okay here. This is what SF is for support when you feel well enough and when the one who supported is down..then the other can support them, vice versa. You're nbot alone!!! :hug: :rose: :cheekkiss -- :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.