• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Answer to ''How are you?''

I don't think i need to introduce myself. People in the chat knows me. My answer to ''How are you?'' is usually ''same as always'' or just ''it sucks''. Something like that. I don't wanna be alive. I'm alive only because i'm a coward. I'm just too weak to kill myself. I drink a lot, why not. Life sucks, it doesn't mater if i'm drunk or sober. This my answer to ''How are you?''. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse but it sucks. I just wish i were dead.

My answer is always ‘I’m ok’. Something that doesn’t allow the person asking the question to go anywhere with it. I have heard of the ask twice movement. It is aimed at trying to get past the barrier and the pleasantries that people do as standard greetings. So you ask how are you and get a standard I’m ok answer and then you ask again. No, really, how are you? This then gives you the opportunity to say the truth, or tell us more as it is. In the right setting I think it’s a really good idea and will give people the opportunity to speak up if they want to.
Sorrt @ShelbyGT500 that you are hurting so much, I hope life treats you a little kinder soon. *hug Xx

I'm not interested in these answers. I'm just fucking tired of everything. I don't really want any answers. I think i'll just use this as an answer to ''How are you?''

emily91

usually my answer is "does it matter?"

I've found something out with this question
in most circumstances, people only ask, because it is a nice thing to do. it's very, very rare that people actually care about the actual answer, and when they do care, it seems that they are only looking for I'm fine, feeling Okay, that kind of thing

say you're feeling bad, upset, what ever, they don't want to know

usually my answer is "does it matter?"

I've found something out with this question
in most circumstances, people only ask, because it is a nice thing to do. it's very, very rare that people actually care about the actual answer, and when they do care, it seems that they are only looking for I'm fine, feeling Okay, that kind of thing

say you're feeling bad, upset, what ever, they don't want to know
Absolutely. You have hit the nail on the head. People are too wrapped up in their own worlds to want to know or care. It’s a very sad world.

A_J_R

I always say "I'm fine," and just leave it at that. I agree, it's a nicety. And that's fine, it's an OK way to start a conversation, but there was someone I met recently - a person who's tried to kill themselves three times - and I thought we'd connected. I started telling them things, but slowly they kind of stopping coming around as much. And it hurt when I'd send an email that I felt warranted a response, and then didn't hear from them for several days. I think this person is compassionate but I realize that opening your heart in any real way is almost always met with some kind of rejection. Not worth it.

It's rhetorical, going through the motions. People do it to be polite, but, as a previous commenter said, people are too self-absorbed to give a damn about anybody else.

I simply answer with a perfunctory "fine," and go on with my business.

iloverachel

An unwelcomed alien who does not belong in society
I don't think i need to introduce myself. People in the chat knows me. My answer to ''How are you?'' is usually ''same as always'' or just ''it sucks''. Something like that. I don't wanna be alive. I'm alive only because i'm a coward. I'm just too weak to kill myself. I drink a lot, why not. Life sucks, it doesn't mater if i'm drunk or sober. This my answer to ''How are you?''. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse but it sucks. I just wish i were dead.
Sorry to hear
I say good
But inside i want to die

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00