anti-deppresents?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by anonymous51, Apr 1, 2007.

1. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Hey, ive been thinking about going to see the doctors alot and was wondering what these drugs are like (prozac etc.). has anyone ever visited a doctor and been prescribed these? and if so, do you think they worked

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

If you mean to commit suicide with, then we won't give that information out here.

If you don't mean that, then I'll move it to the Medicine section :)

3. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

no dont worry i dont mean that. didnt even know you could

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

OK - I'll move it to the medicine and treatments section then :)

:hug:

5. systamatics

systamatics Active Member

i heard abt prozac and other medicines theyr all bad for ur health :( and have serious bad side effects :(
    depression is a fukin thing :mad:

6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I've been on Zoloft for depression for several years now and it helps me a lot. I still get depressed but nothing like it was without the Zoloft. There are side effects to any drug, but usually they go away after a while. If you are prescribed a medicine and the side effects don't go away after a few weeks you should tell your doctor so s/he can change your medication. THere are lots out there for depression, anxiety, bi-polar, and etc, and you're sure to find one that works for you. Good luck.

least

7. TwilightKid

TwilightKid Well-Known Member

I have been on Seroxat for 10 months now and it DOES help a lot. I still get depressed sometimes but its only when i dont take the pills for a few days. If i wasnt on meds no one would go closer to me coz i was SO depressed, angry, nervous, sad and what not that anyone could see it. I never thought piils could help that much really. Side effects? Sure there are some. At least for me its that sometimes i get completely numb. I can be totally emotionless like a zombie or sth. Well if u wanna get rid or ur depression u can try that. Maybe the side effects wont show up in u.

8. jupiter202

jupiter202 Well-Known Member

I too am on Zoloft and have been for about ten years. Ive tried Paxil, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Buspar, and a mixture of several.....NOTHING works as good for me as my Vitamin Z!

But yes as was said above...there were side effects in the beginning but once I got past them, it was great.

Just dont start and then stop cold turkey...worst thing you can do. Always ween off.

9. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I had really minor short lasting side effects with fluoxetine and I have no side effects with citalopram.

10. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

when your on them do you find it easier to be more outgoing and comfortable with people

11. jupiter202

It definitely makes it easier. I feel more comfortable with myself since being on them....I dont have irrational anxiety (well....not as much as I used to!) so it definitely has helped me to be able to socialize more, yes...

12. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

The thing I've noticed since being on antidepressants is the fact that I get out of bed in the day :mellow:

13. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

i've just recently started taking them, they're called um....cipralex, it's been about a week and for me, i dont know, hasn't really helped. I guess i have to wait a couple more weeks. I was scared @ first to take them, but i know they will help me in the long run. I don't want to become dependant on them though, i'm scared. They will help though

14. t1000

t1000 Member

zoloft was the worst thing ever to me. I became so apathetic, it cancled out happiness too.

wellbutrin was useless. It just made me have every side effect.

15. Encryptedmind

Encryptedmind Member

I think i have tried every antidepressant known to man, i finaly found an antidepressant that is helping me its called lexapro, it is not a cure but it is helping me cope, i still get suicidal thoughts and still feel like whale shit at the bottom of the ocean some days, but i know for a fact if i stopped taking lexapro i would feel so much worse, i mean i havent cried myself to sleep in over two months and i dont feel so scared anymore so hey! they must be helping me.
    My advice would be ask your doctor about lexapro first, it might save you a lot of wasted time, after saying that everyone is different regarding taking medication, you will most probably end up tring them all before you find the right and you may get lucky with lexapro.
    Hope this helps.

God bless,

Jimmy.

p.s.

In my case the other good thing about lexapro is i havent suffered any side effects i cant think of from the first day i took them, i am definitely addicted to lexapro not physically but phycologicly, but who cares there keeping me alive, just!

16. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Do you take lexapro once or twice daily? I've just searched it and it sounds like it works really well. I thought that antidepressants would make even the most depressed of people really happy. Imagine how great it'd be if they worked like that? :laugh: I think that antidepressants help with the lethargy and give people the strength to get out of bed each day. And, like you, I don't cry myself to sleep anymore (well not as much). I'm seeing the psychiatrist but he always makes the antipsychotic a priority, so it looks like I'll have to stick with the citalopram for another three months.

17. Encryptedmind

Encryptedmind Member

Hi Ruby,

Good to hear your getting better,
    To start off with the doctor put me on 20 mg a day, unlike other antidepressants it seemed to kick in from day one for me, but after a month i was able to cut back to 10 mg a day and was still feeling ok, so its been over a month on 10 mg, no most antidepressants are notorious for making you feel lethargic especially paxil this was the worst drug i have ever taken made me feel so tired whole body was aching for weeks, couldn't even stand up at one point, but with most antidepressants side effects will disappear after a few weeks or so, not sure about paxil though, it was one nasty drug for me.
    Lexapro has also helped my anxiety social phobias ect, and i am sleeping very well, like i said i can only speak for me regarding my experience with lexapro or escitalopram as we call it here in the uk.
    And yes it would be great if all antidepressants would make even the most depressed of people really happy, but the truth is antidepressants only give you a little bit of a push to cope better, the underlying cause of chronic depression can only be cured yourself by fighting it everyday and being hopeful for the future, anyhow this attitude seems to be working for me.

18. TestForEcho

TestForEcho Member

Anti-deppresents contain Fluoride. What's fluoride you say? It's a poison used to kill bugs that they spray on our food. It's an anesthetic used by the Nazi's. It's more poisonous than lead. It's what kills trees in 70 ppm. It's in cigarettes. It causes skeletal fluorosis and dissolves teeth.

Anti-deppresents also push some people to homicidal/suicidal urges in high doses. And yet they put it in our water. It's what Eric Harris and the VA Tech shooter and other school shooters were on.

STOP TAKING THEM! For the love of God these pill pushing doctors have no idea what they're doing!

19. jupiter202

I highly doubt the antidepressants had much to do with those shootings. Im sorry but the people involved had issues that went further. Obviously they were not getting the correct treatment.

Meds arent for everyone, but some people would say they saved their lives.

20. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

ive tried a few diff meds, citalopram, escitalopram, risperidone and now im on prozac and atarax. risperidone worked best but made me have side effects so had to come, its also an antipsychotic so i guess ur not interested in that?

anyways. diff meds work for diff ppl and do take a while to kick in. so dont expect too much from them if you go on them.

ive yet to find the right med for me. if they will help me at all. but good luck. keep us informed