Anti-drug messages

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by the_me_that_you_know, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A message from The Cranberries:

"To all those people doing lines,
    Don't do it. Don't do it.
    Ineject your soul with liberty,
    It's free..... It's free.

To all those kids with heroin eyes,
    Don't do it. Don't do it,
    Because it's not, not what it seems.
    No it's not, not what it seems.

Salvation, salvation, salvation
    Is free!

2. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

i like that one

3. ybt

ybt Guest

i personally think drugs are ok so long as you're cautious... for those dependent on them it sucks, i know where you're coming from...

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

government come out with this new ICE addiction ad...seen it a couple times, nasty. Has a girl in it picking away at her scabs cause she believes theres something living under her skin. some guy going psycho in hospital, belts a staff member and smashes a window, another guy hitting his mum and knocking her to the floor. Its becoming a real problem here.

5. ybt

ybt Guest

ugh, how horrid :(

6. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

ya, and apparently, i was watching this documentary about it a while back. It increases libido, users can become "hyper sexual" is what they said. So for STD's its bad news. I aint anti-drug at all, but something like that just isnt worth thinking about.

7. I've seen a commercial that shows a young adult convulsing on the floor of a public restroom. The slogan for the commercial was, instead of life or death.... life or meth.

8. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

That's horrid!

I believe in subtle reminders of the consequences of drug use, but commercial extremes like that? Shouldn't it be labeled "viewer discretion advised" or sommat? :dry:
    Sure drugs are bad, but it's a personal choice.

Secondly, in ages past, drugs used to be advocated by the government to keep people in check. (Opium dens and whatnot) It's too damn hypocritical! :rant:

(Just my two cent little rant :D Disregard if offensive)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.