Anti psychotics

Ruby

I go to see the psychiatrist this week and I'm hoping to change antipsychotic. I'm on 800mg Seroquel at the moment which the Doctor actually wanted to increase to 1000mg. Anyway, I've been on Zxprexa and Risperdal in the past. Ideally I'd like to go back on Risperdal but I'm not sure if I can due to high prolactin levels.

Has anybody had any experience with any other atypicals? I don't like the idea of Geodon or Abilify, so I was thinking maybe Clozaril? The reason I don't want to try Geodon or Abilify is because I imagine they'll be like the three I've already been on and won't make much of a difference.

Any comments would be appreciated :smile:

downmage

Risperdal didn't work out for me. I remember my first few weeks on it and I was in a bookstore and I walked right into someone and stepped onto their foot, that was so embarassing! I was kinda zombie like.

I am currently on 500 of Seroquel and I think things seem to manageable. But none of that takes me away from being in despair and suicidal. I am not familar with the other meds that you mentioned.

Ruby

Risperdal didn't work out for me. I remember my first few weeks on it and I was in a bookstore and I walked right into someone and stepped onto their foot, that was so embarassing! I was kinda zombie like.

Yeah, I was the same with risperdal. I took my first dose when I was 16 years old and it literally knocked me out. Apparently I was zombie like too.

Anyway, the doctor decided to leave the seroquel at 800mg. And he changed my antidepressant (bit anxious about the change as I've been on prozac for a while). I'm just hoping to see a dramatic change with this new drug :rolleyes:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00