Antidepressants

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I have decided that im going to start using Antidepressants from my mother (without her knowing of course).

They are 10mg cipralex. How much should i take them? 1 pill in the morning? Or half?

And no, i won't go to therapist.

Thanks for answers.

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Medication should only be taken by the person for whom it was prescribed, it is not a good idea to take your mothers antidepressants.
    Would you not see your doctor and get the treatment that is right for you?

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

You shouldn't take medication that wasn't prescribed to you; won't she notice that her pills are missing?

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

If you start taking your Mums ADs you could end up really confusing her. She will not be able to be certain if she has or has not taken them herself. Also different meds work for different people. Far better to get your own. Best wishes.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with the others, if you think you need them then you should see your doctor. It will not be fair to your mother to do that to her.~Joseph~

6. jam1e

jam1e Guest

All true! However, You should take one pill a day.

They take a few weeks to work, make you feel sick for a while if you ever come off them.

And restrict the flow of your pee and make it hard to reach orgasm.

Enjoy!:smile:

7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I don't want to go to doctor, because i don't want that my mom find out that im depressed again.

No, she has like 10 boxes and she never count them:)

I would take 1 box, so she would not notice.

Thanks.

Well I will think about it.

8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

This needs to be overseen by a doctor. If it works for your mother alright, it should work for you in similar dosing, but that's not reliable enough. I tried the same med and dose that worked for my mom, and ended up having seizures. This is too variable to do alone.

9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

lol at least get prescribed to them...

10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

The wrong antidepressant can make suicidal thoughts even worse, especially in teenagers. You really need to see a doctor if you want to try something so the doctor can prescribe the right ones.

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Don't do it. It's not worth it, they could be wrong for you and make you feel worse. Whats so bad about asking your doctor?

12. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

I don't think this taking-your-mom's-pills is a good idea in the long run for a few reasons.

1. People often need to try a few different meds (or in my case, combination of) before they find the one that works right for them. And it's better to have it "on record" which ones don't agree with you.

2. If it does work, you'll have a very limited supply.

3. If it works in reverse, your mom will definitely notice something's wrong, and she'll find it all out anyway.

Hoping the best -
    SE

13. Jooper62

Jooper62 Well-Known Member

My friend gave me there procax anti depressants took them for a couple of months and i went out of my mind i wanted to kill someone.. i felt worse. so i took my butt to a dr. So i strongley suggest don't do it . go see your doctor.: :eek:hmy:

14. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

You know all those dull posts urging caution to warnings concerning your mental and physical health? They're all bang on.

A bit dull I know but I've posted cautionary tales about ad's to people on this forum who've been prescribed them. My brother and and I stole ( yep that's the verb, boring I know but so true) meds from our mother when we were young, she was so out of it she never noticed.

It was a stupid idea and we paid consequences. (Sorry).

There has to be a better way, has'nt there?

15. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for replys.

I will think twice before taking them.

Ps: I didn't know that it is so complicated to take pills lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.