Antisocial Disorder

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pancake111, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

So I already have depression and social anxiety, and I think I might have antisocial disorder.

People who have it:
    1. lie and mulipulate others
    2. Very irritable and very easily angered
    3. reckless disregard for themselves and others
    4. No respect for the law or others
    5. Unconcerned for other peoples thoughts or feelings

I get really angry easily, I lie a lot, and I rarely feel sympathetic towards people. I don't think I've ever cried over a family members death. I've never broken the law, but sometimes I just feel like beating people to death or shooting them. I try really hard to control myself, but I feel like one day I will be pushed the wrong way, and I'll crack. I'm not sure if it's got to do with the depression or if it's anitsocial disorder. My therapist mentioned it to me, but she didn't say whether I have it or not.

Does anyone here have it?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think it would be a good idea to talk to your therapist and get therapist to state if you have it or not so you know where you stand A psychiatrist would be the one to diagnose you though

3. pancake111

I don't see my psychiatrist until february, so I'll have to wait till then. I'll talk to my therapist about it more.

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

My father has it.

He is quite the evil bastard to be blunt about it.

I'd find it odd that someone with APD would have social anxiety considering that they do not feel shame or embarrassment and are unfazed by situations that would cause anxiety in anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
  5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

You don't have APD...people who have APD wouldn't give a damn about whether they have it or not. And they wouldn't have social anxiety either.

6. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Glad that you can talk about it, I see it negative when it comes to anti-social folks because I have lived with one and that was a real mistake I dont wanna hear about, ever again.

Dont say I hate you but you should really get help and I appreciate you wanna change this "behavior" to the better and hope you the best, both for others and you.

Do not make this to a lifestyle!

7. Morningstar

Morningstar Well-Known Member

Actually just a correction to some people here as APD and sociopaths and pyschopaths(both of which are types of APD) are somewhat my specialty. The correction is that people with APD can and in fact for those at one part of the scale of APD, have anxiety problems, problems with depression, suicidal tendencies, and a lot of other things. You can feel free to message me anytime about it and I'll share the info I have about it. But I'd warn against diagnosing yourself.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Also I don't know how old you are but if you'r under 18 you cannot legally be diagnosed with APD only Oppositional Defiance Disorder(which I personally believe is a quack 'disorder' and not real)

8. AsphyxiateOnMisery

THAT'S the first thing you got from that post? That you can't be diagnosed when you're under 18? Lol. I mean that's true and all, but what about the social anxiety? And the fact that they're coming on the forum worried and asking for help? In no way is that APD. If only all psychopaths were that willing to get help.

9. pancake111

I'm 17 by the way (turning 18 later this year), and I think I just have some characteristics of APD. I think It's a mixture of depression, anger, and locked up feelings that make me want to act so violently towards others. I'm not going to lie, I sometimes do want to go into my school one day, and shoot up the people I hate. But I don't have access to guns, so that can't ever happen. But I do seriously think about it...

I do want help, but I have such a hard time, expressing my feelings and concerns about myself.

10. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Dear pancake111,

You do NOT have APD, nor any symptoms of APD. You are misunderstanding what APD is.

P.S - Who wouldn't like to shoot up their school?

11. Leiavalt

Leiavalt Member

- I also suffer from depression and social anxiety, and reading your post is like reading about myself. I also get angry easily, I am a liar and my sympathy for other people is minimal/non-existant. I have developed extreme cynical mindset. I've neither been to jail or had problems with the law, but I do at periods get an extreme urge to perform violence like you mentioned. I have manged to restrain myself, but just like you I do feel if I get pushed over the top I will crack. I want to learn how to deal with this and get help.

I am going to try therapy, hoping it may help me. Reading your post did help, realizing I am not alone struggling with this. Someone being in a similar situation. I do hope you manage to prevail from it, wishing you the best of luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.