• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Practical Advice Anxiety before school is starting to impact my life

Every day before school I am hit with anxiety. I’ll start shaking violently, my throat will clamp up and I’ll often get stomach pains or diarrhea.

This isn’t anything new, I’ve been dealing with this since middle school but now it’s starting to impact my school life. Oftentimes I’ll be in class and need to hurry to the bathroom because of anxiety. I’ll end up in there for up to 15 minutes. The thing is that my new school is very strict about bathroom time, and being in there for more than five minutes will get you in trouble. This already happened once this year but my teacher let me off easy since it was my first time. This can’t become a constant thing like it was at my old

I don’t know how to stop this anxiety. I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried repeating mantras, I’ve tried deep breathing, I’ve tried blasting music, I’ve tried drinking water but nothing helps. I just can’t stop my anxiety. It fades after I am actually in school, but most times the symptoms last longer.

And the worst part is I’m not even sure what’s causing it. It’s just something that’s been with me for most of my school life and I don’t know how to deal with it. If I had to guess it’s the social aspect but it’s not like I have trouble interacting with others and I have a decent social life.

I just want to give up so I can get away from all this, but I know that isn’t an option.

What can I do to stop this? Aside from seeking a therapist or taking medication.

The Tigress ♡

✮ You are worth it ✮
Chat Pro
Hey @nottheboat23 sorry you are facing this. I know how you feel as I have experience this myself every morning, on the way to school.
I suggest that you take deep breaths and do find a buddy whom you are comfortable to talk with. Talk to him/her before you go to school. Talking might help to lessen your anxiety. *hug

Otherwise please speak to your school counsellor.
Take care.

Hey @nottheboat23 sorry you are facing this. I know how you feel as I have experience this myself every morning, on the way to school.
I suggest that you take deep breaths and do find a buddy whom you are comfortable to talk with. Talk to him/her before you go to school. Talking might help to lessen your anxiety. *hug

Otherwise please speak to your school counsellor.
Take care.
Talking to people doesn’t help me for some reason. I would rather deal with it on my own

M...

Oh hello there, me too.
I am currently ruined as well.
I am sorry u have to go through this, u seem like a like person, please stay safe.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00