Anxiety causing a bad time right now.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by CherylSparkle, Oct 25, 2015.

1. CherylSparkle

CherylSparkle Member

So as I've mentioned in other posts I do suffer from quite severe anxiety, and the past few days have been terrible for me- hence why I haven't been online for a couple of days.

I have to attend two appointments tomorrow at the hospital. Nothing serious (I hope), but just a general check-up with the psychiatrist since my overdose and an appointment with a neurologist to find out what has been causing the strange seizures I have been having since my overdose. However I have been feeling extremely anxious to attend these appointments. I haven't slept or ate for days. I have cried a LOT and haven't been able to leave the house except for an event I had to attend, which itself was horrific and ended with me having an anxiety attack and needing to leave early.

It has reached the stage I don't even want to go but I know I can't do that. My family are all working and cannot attend with me for support and unfortunately the few true friends I have all live elsewhere for attending uni. So I will be alone. I have tried using the techniques I learned through attending CBT to calm myself down but it hasn't worked and I really don't know how to get through this!

I feel like I can't be honest with the psychiatrist and tell him I have been having suicidal thoughts as I know he will want me to stay in the psych ward and I just hated every moment I spent there last time. It doesn't help me, it makes me feel so much worse! But I can't lie to him either. I'm also worried that these seizures are caused by something serious, which will only add to the pressure i'm going through right now.

I've been keeping it to myself as I unfortunately have a terrible need to act strong in front of my family and friends, so I just needed to let this all out here!
  2. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Hey Cheryl, I'm sorry you've been going through such a tough time, I don't know what it's like to have crippling anxiety but I do know what it's like to feel like I have to put on a happy face when I'm feeling miserable. If it helps at all please continue to post here or pm me if you need to vent or just feel like any sort of friendly conversation with someone:)