Anxiety causing severe depression

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by frypan367, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frypan367

frypan367 Well-Known Member

I dont enjoy life. Everywhere I go , nothing is safe. I dont enjoy anything anymore and I dont have the concentration to do things. I supposed it could be compared to having ADHD except im not hyper. I have no energy to do anything other than watch tv . I am afraid of going outside. Its not a panic attack type "fear". Its like I get physically sick everytime I go outside. I feel literally like a 5 year old child. I feel scared alone and abandoned. I cant stay in places because I feel so tired. I cant enjoy myself at home because i have no energy.

It easy to say just get up and do things. But I cant concentrate on anything that will possibly help me. I cant enjoy life knowing I will never have friends or a job or even be good at something. I cant even maintain acquaintance relationships. I dont want to be alone forever but that is what will happen. I wish I didnt have anxiety disorders.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Have you tried to get help in the form of therapy or medications to make the anxiety issues more tolerable?
  3. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

invisible - I just wanted to say you are not alone! I could relate 100% to so much of what you have said. Simply finding the courage to go outside is exhausting for me.

As NYJmp said, have you tried therapy? A lot of people with anxiety have benefitted greatly from CBT.
  4. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

have you spoken to your gp about how your feeling, im sure he/she will suggest meds and put in touch with local anxiety groups
    what about speaking with mh ? they can refer you to anxiety groups
  5. tobeornottobe

tobeornottobe Member

I feel the same way. Life is pointless.
  6. Cowburn

Cowburn Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. My anxiety first got really bad when I was around 13. As the years went by the depression hit and has stayed ever since. I've since been diagnosed with social anxiety then more recently generalised anxiety disorder.

I don't remember the last time I didn't have some level of anxiety in the back of my head. When I know I have to leave the house it only increases, sometimes leading to panic attacks in public. Please feel free to send me a message if you'd like to talk to someone who can relate. I'm in contact with others who feel the same and it's incredibly helpful to have that constant reminder that you're not alone.
  7. Percarus

Percarus Account Closed

This may sound bad, and I do not approve what I am about to say, but two days ago I felt anxiety for the first time in my life. I am a much older and mature individual, and I could not stand the feeling so I opted to using illegal drugs to relax and unwind. The one day persistent-long anxiety spell was broken by this, although I am not about to take drugs again as a habit at this old age, and they can be addictive. But mayhap what I am trying to say is that you should try something new and different - certainly not taking drugs regularly. Maybe purchase some cheap acrylic paint and a few canvas boards and just paint by imitation of other paintings, post your accomplishments on Facebook for your friends to see, anything. I feel for you, anxiety was such a terrible feeling for me but rest assured melancholy or misery are far worse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.