Anxiety induced nausea?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Petal, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Does anyone else suffer from this?

How is it treated?

I asked my doctor about this ages ago,she said there is no cure..only treatments such as benzo's which she wouldn't prescribe me :dry:

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

once the anxiety goes and your body relaxes, i would think the nausea goes too.

generally calming/soothing yourself down in any way. :dunno:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
  3. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

When I get nervous, I instantly become nauseas.
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I'm sorry that you cannot the anti-anxiety meds that you need. But perhaps you can at least relieve the nausea with dramamine, which is one of the most widely used in the U.S. to my knowledge. There are similar motion sickness tablets which would at least help you with that part of it. :sad:
  5. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

yes, i have it a little now-for me there so many triggers. I am prescribed benzo's but they don't really work anymore. I always have generic Dramamine on hand 4 when it gets really bad,(as in gagging). They seem to help-just now patriotic pyromaniacs are taking back Boston harbor or wetf July 4th is supposed to commemorate-idiots! Oh, the up side to nausea; weight loss!
  6. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Anxiety induced nausea and IBS. Yay. No, it's very normal. There's nothing I do, except try and not be upset and just live with it. I drink Ensure (or the generic) to make sure I get enough vitamins. Even good stress is stress! :faint:
  7. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Oh, and heartburn and acid reflux.
  8. Petal

Yeah,when I'm relaxed there is no nausea. I just have to find how to do that more than not :dunno:

Yeah,nothing helps it :( I've tried everything, ginger, motillium, stemetil, eating burnt toast :unsure:
  9. Petal

I think dramamine is the equivalent to motillium,it didnt help the nausea is too severe.

10. cloudXstrife

cloudXstrife Member

i suffer from social anxiety and nausea is my biggist problem! if i could get rid of the nausea that would be like 75% of my sa cured. has anyone tried ginger root capsules? i heard they help im thinking og gettin some
  11. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I used to be on an anti-nausea tablet 3x daily because of the lithium I was on (metacloprimide... sp). That was quite good. There are also others... it's worth asking your dr for alternatives which might work. Otherwise try natural remedies.... ginger is good I think or peppermint tea.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.