Anxiety is driving me up the walls...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Petal, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Basically the anxiety is killing me, it's bordering on paranoia. I couldn't even log into this forum for hours after I woke today which sounds ridiculous I know, but my chest was tight even thinking about it. I had to turn my phone off, close my curtains. I don't know why the anxiety is getting this bad again. I am sitting here feeling a bit worthless and useless right now and feel like a freak. I feel I am a burden on everyone :(

One good thing happened today, one of my best friends gave birth to a baby girl and while it's amazing news, I feel very jealous. I want a baby to love. I know I would be a great mother. I'm looking forward to seeing her and her new little girl, she stood by me through thick and thin during the rape investigation.

But I cannot shift this ''everyone is out for me feeling''. I'm stumped. I don't know why I'm feeling this way. I sometimes do get acute anxiety attacks, hopefully this will pass soon.
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

seeing baby should surely cheer you up, just try not to think about what you have or don t have. enjoy the moment...

paranoia is bad. i often think some ex will stalk me down or smth, then listen to some meditation music and it mostly starts to pass.

pls tc
  3. turryburry

turryburry Well-Known Member

There are days when I avoid Facebook for the same reason. I just don't want to deal with people even though they're only words on a page. It's like I feel violated so I avoid it. I hope by now you're feeling better and this was just a temporary thing.
  4. Petal

I am not on facebook thank god, imagine how paranoid and anxious I would be then.

Thank you both I appreciate the kind words, I am feeling a small bit better now after talking to my pharmacist.
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I know how you feel as I have been feeling like everyone has been out to get me for a long time. The best thing to do is to avoid triggers and distract as much as possible and do things you enjoy to take your mind off it. It's horrible, especially when you don't even know why it's happening.
  6. Petal

I agree, the general anxiety is the worst to deal with, your brain is wracked with all different thoughts and feelings as you have no idea why you're feeling what you are feeling.
    I don't wish anxiety on you lol!! BUT I am glad that someone has been there and knows the score with it, I feel less alone. Thanks hun!!