Anxiety is wrecking my jobs!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Woodsmoke, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke Well-Known Member

Panicking, anxiety which ALWAYS takes itself out on my stomach causing nausea & diarrhea, the inability to take in the information I am given, the fear of taking calls and having to think on the spot, everything too much too much TOO MUCH!!

Every time I start a new job I do this and it ruins me in the end, so I am let go by the management.

If I lose this job I am lost, I wont be able to get unemployment benefit again, I will be in so much trouble at home and the shame is just weighing down on me.

CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS ANXIETY AND NOTHING HELPS!!!!!!!!!!!

I just sit there at night looking at my hoard of pills, wishing I didn't have others around me to hurt if I swallowed all those tablets...

2. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

What industry do you work in? Maybe think about changing jobs, doing something you feel more comfortable with. Is it possible to speak to your boss about these things? They can't discriminate against you because of your anxiety - maybe you could get extra training or something?

3. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Woodsmoke,
    Try to increase your confidence stage by stage, have paper/pen by your phone to jot things down to help you forget less. I am so sorry about your anxiety, you need to feel safe at work. Have you tried any therapy at all to see if that helped?
    Try to believe in yourself, ask for training so you are sure of what you are doing that will help. It isn't your fault you are poorly, can anybody support you at work. Is there a disability advisor at the job centre as they can put measures in place to help you in employment. Can you swap tasks with anyone at work? In most jobs it gets a little easier the longer you are there.
    Have you tried any natural/alternative therapies? Like hypnotherapy ? If you are even able to?
    Try learning calming measures, distract yourself if you feel panic coming on.
    Please don't hurt yourself, try talking to others with anxiety on here for more idea's to help.
    Take care
    Kate

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

omg I so know what you're going through. Sadly I can't work a normal job (9 to 5)...even with the meds, so I work from home a bit and get money from the government...my anxiety is so intense that I can work for about a month, two months then everything crumbles down and I get a burn out....it's pretty bad...

maybe get your doctor to help? or find a job that doesn't involve too much socializing?

5. broke

broke Well-Known Member

6. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

I hear you. That's why I don't work, and haven't for years. I can't get disability because I don't have insurance, so no doctors to back me up. I make no money. I'm supported fully by my mom. When she dies, I'll probably become a bum.

I'm not sure what to say since I have trouble with work myself, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

7. poster2747

poster2747 Member

I find work too intense.
    I feel trapped there and bored.
    I hate the bitchy atmosphere and the fact that I get snapped at by grumpy colleagues.
    No, the 9-5 life is not for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.