Anxiety nausea

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jas, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jas

jas Member

Since the age of 14, I have suffered from severe nausea that usually occurs in the morning but during stressful times it will pop up whenever.

Although I have not been officially diagnosed with any form of anxiety, I know I am a naturally anxious person. I can genuinely feel in control and confident when faced with stressful situations or situations that will trigger some sort of anxious response, yet underneath it all I sadly discover that I am truly panicking and am in fact not confident or feel that I am in control.

This has been happening to me for 5 years now and I have tried many things to settle my stomach and to calm my nerves and relax but nothing works. Sometimes the feeling causes me to actually throw up, which consequently erases the nausea, but I know the same horrible feeling will be back to greet me in the run up to another anxiety triggering event.

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, have you managed to find a successful way to handle this? :)

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I know exactly how you feel jas, I have suffered with nausea caused by anxiety for years. I often too actually throw up from it. I'd suggest you go to your doctor because there are many treatments they can give you for this, eg. stemetil or stelazine for the nausea and any anti anxiety medication for the anxiety. Don't suffer with this in silence, its a horrible illness. please get the help you need now before it worsens x

3. jas

jas Member

I'm sorry you have to go through this too. I did go to the doctor, thinking originally it was some sort of acid reflux issue which it turns out isn't. Thanks, I will go back and start to officially recognise that this is anxiety. x

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

In the meantime, try "Calms" its a herbal rememdy for anxiety.

5. Petal

You might want to look into over the counter remedies too, ginger is very good for nausea. Motillium and domeraid (both over the counter aids) can help too, and valerian can be a life saver for anxiety issues. Good luck with your doctors visit though, let us know how it goes x

6. Petal

Kalms can help too, it contains a significant amount of valerian, the only downside I found with kalms was it gave me nightmares.

7. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Yeah i get like this to, i went doctors and got meds (citalopram) with has helped lots. Nothing i tried before really got rid of it but i found peppermint/lemon ginger tea sometimes helped to settle my tummmy or xxx strong mints. I hope you find something that helps it, 5 years is long enough to suffer i suggest you go back to the doctor and ask for help.

8. joshtillb

joshtillb Member

yup i know exactly how you feel! ive had this problem since the 9th grade so about 5 years also, mostly in socail settings , hence the socail anxiety...avoidance was big before...still is, i cant say ive found anything that helps, gum or mints and small sips of water help to some extent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.