Anxiety,permanent?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Young suicider, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

can Anxiety(from depression) become a permanent thing?Because I'm really happy right now(extremely rare) and I still can't breath worth crap

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

i'll be honest that i don't know....perhaps someone with a little more experience will share their thoughts.

3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it would be permanent. However, I would imagine it could be chronic and long term.

Has anything made you anxious? Did anything trigger it?

Try breathing in for 4, hold for 4 and out for 4.

4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I think you have to pinpoint what's causing the anxiety and then take steps to battle it.
    Even though I'm doing better than I used to it still kicks in badly sometimes.
    Whether it's permanent or not depends on the person I guess.

5. History

History Well-Known Member

it will go away in due time if the stressors are removed.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah, some anxiety will go away with time without treatment. With therapy it can be improved a great deal more. With medication on top of therapy it will be something you can't imagine (though this only acts as long as you take it - less a cure than the other two)

7. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

ok thanks for the help

8. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

SuicideIsTheWrongOption Well-Known Member

it's kinda like smoking. You can smoke, and get addicted, and then trying to kick it is real hard.

Depression can bring up social anxiety and even if you get over depression, getting over social anxiety is another hurdle.

Not permanent, deffinitly not impossible, but usually requires some work. I have in and out depression, but that gave me a social anxiety that i'm working on correcting still...it's better than before, but i still have more work ahead of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.