Anxiety

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

It's a killer... Very intense once it starts and immobilizes me. I try to distract and do stuffs to lessen it. But most nights it comes back, not every, but most.

Work is backed up and more demands are being made of me.

Financially the cushion I had has evaporated and making it month to month is a struggle.

Artistically, zilch is happening. Do I just quit?

Medically, I wish things were known.

Old things mix with new things to create this enormous almost impenetrable mass of things, and it just feels like too much. Yet again. Harmful thoughts are being reignited. I'm again not possible to see long term.

Sorry.... It's another whine, but a deep and true one. Bothered, scared, upset and quite panicky atm.

2. LexiRN

LexiRN Active Member

Hi there. Anxiety is a major player for me too. I actually attempted suicide 3 weeks ago just trying to get relief from it. Obviously I failed....and I am actually glad about that now. The anxiety has improved although its never really gone. Do you have any meds to help you through these stressful situations? Don't commit a permanent solution to what are probably temporary stressors. This too will pass but I have found meds very helpful to get me through the rough patches. Stay safe and you are too special to hurt yourself!

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi sweetie. I too grapple with anxiety. It is so horrible, I know. I wish I could take it from you and let it evaporate. Btw, you are not whining. not at all. This is very real. And very painful. if you could avoid it, you would. I am here. you know that. Even though I know that people being here, online, doesnt mitigate the pain of anxiety, loss, fear, and all the other things. Sending huge amounts of :hug: s

4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

:grouphug: thank you both. This not-being-able-to-sleep-properly business is messing with me much.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Mo...I used to be so consumed by anxiety, I would shake sitting in one place, so I do know what you are talking about...hope whatever is 'messing with you' resolves quickly...big hugs

6. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Hi Mo! I am so sorry things are so hard right now. Anxiety and stress are major triggers for me too. I try to distract myself from all of it (not very successful I'm afraid.) keep talking and give voice to how you're feeling - that's the most helpful thing for me. When I can at least put it in words to someone, somewhere the triggers lessen a bit.

You are not whining. You are communicating and that's an excellent thing. Thank you for sharing your feelings and how they impact you. You are not alone my friend ~ hang on, the roller coaster ride has ups and downs, as you know too well. :hug:

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun glad to see you posting and reaching out here for support hard anxiety it has put be down several times I am sorry you are feeling its affect now. Hoping you get some relief from it soon hun Hugs

8. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks for your responses... lets me feel not so alone.

half way through medical tests and should have a better idea by Friday on whats going on.

V tearful tonight, not sure why. Sad I guess, scared too I suppose. Wishing there were an easier way for so many of you.

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You know i am with you in spirit and you have every right to feel as you do...and also wish there was an easier way for you too

10. listless

listless Banned Member

I think I'm experiencing some anxiety as well...I shouldn't because my life is fairly stable, but I couldn't sleep all night and called in sick to work. I think I'm bothered by where my life is headed and partly why I'm here now.

As for your anxiety OP, sounds to me you might be overburdened by work and maybe life also. Take a break-a few days or a week, whatever helps to clear your head and relax. I've experienced extreme anxiety before when things got really bad in my life, so I can relate to some extent. Wishing you the best.

11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

wishing you well with your tests Mo..would be stressful for you :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.