Anxiety

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kiggy, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

I do not know how much longer I can go on with this crippling anxiety I have! It is there as soon as I wake up in the morning, makes me sick to my stomach, and leads to a very unproductive day! I hate being alone!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I suffer from bad anxiety too, here's some tips for you...

Long baths with scented candles around you while reading a book or magazine.

Hot chocolate before bed and chamomile on your pillow, just a few drops.

Exercise, it takes your mind off of it.

Keep busy at all times, the more you keep your mind occupied the less anxious you will feel.

I know it's extremely hard, I had two days this week where I have had extreme bouts of anxiety, breathe into a paper bag when you are hyperventilating, call a crisis line, call a friend.

And talk to people suffering the same, or try and help others, that helps me too :)

Good luck kiggy!

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Is it the waiting time in between when going out in the public/seeing people or is it while youre with other people?

Just trying to gain some insight how yours work? is there a way that you can communicate/reach out to friends/family members via email/texts if that does not cause you to feel terrible?

4. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

The anxiety is pretty much there all the time. Worse when i have to go out in the public. I am usually ok once I get to where I am going and start talking to people.

I am often texting friends when I feel super anxious. I have a good number of friends I can reach out to. I just feel I am a burden at times. This has been going on for so long!

5. imars27

imars27 Member

i have anxiety too take medicine it helps.

6. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i second what imars27 said. there are plenty of anti-anxiety medicines out there. i'm on one, tho i don't think i need it as i'm not an anxious type (ocd a lot but not anxiety) ...

7. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

I take .5 mg Klonopin twice a day but it doesn't help

8. Leolsrik

Leolsrik Well-Known Member

Then you need to try something else, and keep trying, until you find something that works. From what I've read on this forum, many people take years to find the right medication for them.

Meanwhile, you could try writing here when anxious, if you don't want to bother your friends. It might just work.

9. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

It's been a year and a half working with different med combos. I am going today to meet with a new pdoc for a second opinion. This is all very frustrating for me as I used to have a 'normal' high functioning life. At the current time I am unable to work and as a result lost two jobs I loved. Money stress has got to be the very worst!

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I wish you all the best with the second opinion from the new pysch doctor. Hopefully he can come up with a new solution. Sorry about the losing of your jobs but hopefully when you get back on your feet again things will fall into place. We're here for you :)

11. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

Thank you Petal! You are such a great support. I have so much in my life to be grateful for yet I dwell on the bad negative things. It really sucks! I was not this way before my terrible hypomanic episode. I was a very confident person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.