Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lapwalla, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapwalla

lapwalla Guest

Last week there were some issues with my partner and since then I've been scared of being left constantly.
    I've had some abandonment issues in the past, but partly through therapy and some friends, I'd gotten over it for the most part.
    Now it's just constantly there. Whatever I do, I'm constantly scared that my actions will cause me to end up alone.
    Also, I've been having a lot of dreams in which my closest friends, my family and also my partner leave me.
    I have lost virtually everything I have a few years ago, but got back on my feet again, mainly thanks to an old friend with whom I got back in touch. Then I lost a lot of friends again a while back. But I got my life back on track for the most part.
    Now I'm so scared it'll happen again. I know I've been much of a loner lately, but a lot of that just comes down to me not being able to afford going out and about.

Not sure why I'm posting this.. I guess I could just use some advice on how to deal with this.. well anxiety would be the proper word I guess.
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

it sounds like what happened in the past, has effected you so much that you're scared that with everything you do , you might end up being alone which sounds frightening for you.

can you talk about this with your partner? maybe he/she could reassure you? because living in fear of being abandoned, and perhaps being anxious to please other people (do you do that for fear of them leaving you?) sounds stressful and might stop you voicing things that causes any conflict with the people around you.

do you still see a therapist?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.