Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hache, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Throughtout the years of being depressed I have noticed that different feelings of depression, different causes, lead to different outcomes, for example love causing self harm, lonliness causing suicidle thoughts and so on. Different suicide methods for different feelings as well.

Tonight, for the first time in about 18 months I have had anxiety whilst trying to get to sleep. This is about being trapped and the fear nothing will change, no hope for change or the future.

It is very sad how painfully horrible depression and anxiety is.

I thought anxiety was a thing of the past but no, it is here, I do not want to die, I do not have suicidle thoughts, I have done in recent months, but now the feeling is panicy, it is different depressive emotion

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I go from depressed state to anxiety state most times something triggered me. I am not sleeping well either. Talk to your therapist if you can let know whats happening okay maybe meds are doing it.
  3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I dont have a therapist and I'm not going to go to a doctor because I am thinking about a summer programme in america, they will reject you if you are on anti-depressants because it involves working with kids.
  4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

No offence but at times I can find things like that humorous. I'm talking about "they will reject you if you are on anti-depressants because it involves working with kids."

Like are they scared a depressed person may somehow give a child please. For safety reasons I can understand at times, but it can sometimes seem odd :blink:.
  5. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

It is in the terms and conditions of the company I have to go through. Someone on a forum about the placements was talking about how she was rejected last year because of the anti-depressent she was on.

It is quite silly, but without proper psycho analysis (which they dont have time for) they can only assume from the medication that the person is a danger to themselves and a miserable bastard, lol
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.