Anxiety

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaish, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

I have so much anxiety right now. I see my psychologist in two hours and I'm freaking out about it. I hate that I have to tell her that I still feel suicidal. Last week was real bad for me and I came so close to attempting suicide again. I had two appointments with my therapist and I thought they would help, but they made me feel worse. She seemed so disconnected from me and I really don't feel comfortable with her anymore. It hurts that I pretty much told her that I was going to kill myself that night and all she said was to go to the hospital if I needed to. I told her I wouldn't do that, but she repeated the same message of telling me to go to the hospital. I really don't know what I was expecting and I'm worried about my psychologist asking me that. I just feel so hopeless about the whole situation. I have had no luck with therapists and I'm doubtful that I ever will. This isn't the first incident I've had with her. It feels more that she's just someone to talk to, and not someone who is actually helping me. I'm canceling my appointment with her this week and I'm so worried about next week, but I need more time to figure out what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

DON'T CANCEL you appt okay this is the time you need to keep going. She is right to say if you are feeling unsafe suicidal you need to go to hospital and get help to get stable with your meds. What would you have liked her to say or do hun Tell her how you are feeling after each appt how unsettled you feel maybe she is moving too fast for you Keep the lines of communication open okay that is the only way she can help you hugs