Anxious, crying and helplessness

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Pete_D_LDN, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Pete_D_LDN

Pete_D_LDN Guest

Last night I had a very strange thing happen to me that has never happened before. I started to feel very anxious about the way I look, what I say, and going out anywhere or doing anything outside my flat. This happens a lot but last night was so much worse than ever before.

I usually get angry when things go very bad but last nite I just felt helpless. I was crying for ages and kept thinking about how messed up I am and what anyone would think of me if they saw what I was really like. I dont like me and I pretend to be someone else around other people but this is tiring.

I feel very disconnected, sad and tired. I need someone to hug but I have no-one I never will, Im too introverted. Everything I do I regret. I dont want to die but sometimes I think it would just be easier
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

sounds pretty much like me. Could it have been a panic attack? maybe or like one.
    we all need hugs :( :hug:
  3. Pete_D_LDN

Pete_D_LDN Guest

Ive had panic attacks before but this was a bit different, the thoughts I was having were like people watching me and frowning. I was saying sorry to them. Im still getting over it a bit today.
    :hug: back to you
  4. mb75

mb75 Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
  5. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

You are suffering from depression matey

Not something I have managed to do for myself, but you should really think about going to see a doctor, to ease the emotions you are feeling now and may be get some form of counsiling for try and sort out the issues that are making you depressed.

Pills, booze, smoking, none of those are the answer, been there done that.

Drinking is not a good idea when you are alone, try not to do it, that can take you to some nasty places, its difficult but try and find someone you can talk to, go out as much as you can, try and make new friends, I know, I know, that's a huge task in its self.

If you want things to change, you are the one that has to make them change, again something I am not great at myself, but you don't want to carry on as you are, its not a nice place you are going.

One good friend and one good day can make all the difference

It does for me anyway
  6. Pete_D_LDN

Pete_D_LDN Guest

Ive been to see a doctor before and had a very bad experiance, Im also afraid that Im going to describe something Im not. Im on a list for councelling and that is all that happened, Ive been on that list for ages and heard nothing. I cant talk to people, its as simple as that. I dont have any sort of social skills at all. I manage to agree if I need to or I just sort of observe which is going to make councelling so hard. Im dreading it. Im alone and I hate it, but its the only way Im comfortable.

I dont drink or take hard drugs but there are many things Im ashamed of that I never speak to anyone about. I wont bring any of this up to a counceller so maybe they wont even be able to help me. Can I help myself be helped? I dont know, it would take a while if at all. Does this make sense at all or have I just missed the point? I always do that.

Thanks for your reply and I hope you are ok

Thankyou :hug:
  7. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

Sound like we are quite similar but in different ways, I too am very stubourne, I was brought up the old fashioned way, men don't cry, never ask for help, always sort out their own problems, all that macho stuff, and thats what I have tried to do for a long long time.

It's sounds like you are in a similar position to where I was some time ago, it's hard, I know its hard, but please keep on trying, if you need to talk about stuff, then do it on here, we are all nameless faceless people, it helps just to let it out, having been where you might be going, I would say try and get help sooner rather than later, see the doctor again, write him a letter if you can't face actualy saying those kind of things too him, you are not alone, there are plenty of guys in just the same position, there is a book thats quite interesting, called "I'm ok, you ok" think its by Thomas and Amy Harris, it hasn't got any answers but does make ineresting reading if you like that sort of thing, the section called "track back" kind of helped me sort a few things out in my head, but it is only book at the end of the day.

Try not to isolate your self or your feelings, in the end they will catch up with you, just like mine did, like yours are starting to now, hang in there buddy, things can change and will change, but you have to work at it, a little each day