Anxious

Imy

Is anyone else scared for things to return to 'normal'?

I find myself so used to silence that as I'm walking down the street, I feel more jumpy than normal when hearing sounds etc.

I was so busy beforehand and I loved it. Now I've adjusted to a quieter life and I'm scared for everything to get going again.

All of this spare time means I have been overthinking more. I'm comparing myself to other people. I feel sick with anxiety.

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
Quite time to think is good, but not comparing yourself to others. Each person is unique. Each follows their own path, you will always find some you believe better or faster, and some that are less and slower. The result will always be the same. Spend quite time in gratitude for what you have accomplished. Love

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think a lot/most people are finding the quiet and restrictions on normal life, as it was before, difficult. There's an uncertainty and fear about the future and the longing to return to reassuring, safe, routines. However, I don't think that will happen long term. Change is inevitable, even big changes. There's so much wrong with the way things were and this time is an opportunity for reflection, change, and adaptation. We can learn and grow from this experience.

Last edited:

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
It certainly will feel strange when things return to normal, but what this "new normal" will be is anyone's guess as to how it will pan out. I've got a feeling that it will be more of a staggered return so the adaptation will be of a more tapered nature as opposed to a full on switch to normality.

I can fully understand, @Imy how all this spare time can lead one to overthink things, I've been there myself. Maybe just go at your own pace, sooner or later the changing dynamics from quiet to busier will soon blend in as you become more accustomed to this.

yes, terrified. it's been more than 3 months and I'm still not adjusted.... or maybe i am, I'm just not comfortable or happy... I've no idea how I'll cope with yet more change....

And I'm avoiding shopping as much as possible. Being near or around people makes me super anxious. i should be smiley and friendly, but I'm too busy being uber self conscious and unsure of myself.

So lord knows how I'll manage anything as things change and everyone expects me to be able to get back to "normal"

Imy

Thank you @Ash600 I'll have a read! Nice to hear from you, I hope you're well :)

@Cariad_Bach so nice to not feel alone in this. Shopping terrifies me too at the minute. I guess this is a universal thing. I think we'll all emerge from this a little different... What even is normal? 😜 We'll get through this, let's take it day by day 😌

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Thank you @Ash600 I'll have a read! Nice to hear from you, I hope you're well :)

@Cariad_Bach so nice to not feel alone in this. Shopping terrifies me too at the minute. I guess this is a universal thing. I think we'll all emerge from this a little different... What even is normal? 😜 We'll get through this, let's take it day by day 😌
Good to see you around, @Imy , but preferably if it were in better circumstances. All the same, nice to hear from you again :)

I think taking things on a day to day basis would be a good approach as it allows you time to adapt as the environment evolves once more. Subtle changes I find can make things so much easier when trying to negotiate a switch during periods of uncertainty.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00