Any 4:30AM people here?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by nicesinging1, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

I want & need to manage my sleep hrs better due to upcoming busy schedule. Currently, I sleep at least 7hrs/day. If no help from an alarm clock, I can easily sleep 9-10hrs:mad:. Whenever I study the sleep pattern of successful, overachieving people, they tend to wake up early, even at 4:30AM. I also noticed that many of successful people are early birds and sleep around 4 hrs/day.
    In the past, I have been terrible at sleep management. Many nights, I would waste 1 hr just trying to fall asleep and sleep more than I need to, when I feel like I can function just fine with 6hrs of sleep/day.
    In the upcoming future, I will be very busy because I have a lot of things on agenda and goals to accomplish. And reducing sleep at reasonable level will help me find extra time to accomplish my goals.
    Can anyone who wakes up early give me tips on how to wake up early each day?
    Can you also advise me on how to go from 7hrs/day to 4hrs/day? What strategies and tactics do I need?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

-Hank-

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Hank. It is quite hard to go from 7-8 hours of sleep to 4 hours of sleep and not become sleep deprived. You don't have to sleep less to be successful. If you really want to sleep less then try reducing your sleep gradually. Like say set your alarm clock to wake you up at 7:00 am for a week, then 6:00 am for a week and so on and see how you function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.